Chapter 11

I knew my dad had already came over to the house attempting to make me come home, but he wouldn't stop there. He would attempt to do something else, and I just didn't want to see what that was. I sat at the kitchen table, having lost my appetite. Chris came down the stairs a couple minutes later, and grabbed his keys from the counter.

"Where are you going?" I asked as he slipped on his shoes and unlocked the door.

'

"I'll be right back don't worry." he said, disappearing outside and shutting the door behind him. Seconds later, I heard one of his cars pull out of the garage and head down the street. Where was he going and why wouldn't he tell me? I wasn't going to lie though, I felt nervous without him here. If my dad decided to stop by again and Chris wasn't here, I would have to go home with him because Chris wouldn't protect me. I wished I could've gone with him wherever he had went. With a sigh, I got up and went back up the stairs. I was still tired, as it was only 12:30 in the morning. Maybe if I went back to sleep, Chris would be here when I woke up. I hoped so. I crawled into the bed and closed my eyes. Where the hell could he have gone this early? With that thought troubling my mind, I slowly drifted into an uneasy sleep.

CHRIS POV

As I sped off further down the street, my grip on the steering wheel tightened. I needed to explain something to Kylie soon, but I didn't know how she would handle it. She stirred something inside of me, and I needed her with me. But at the same time, I needed Sabrina. It wasn't fair to either of them, and I needed to start seeing Sabrina more often so she wouldn't grow suspicious. Of course, she was a year older than me, so she hadn't seen me and Kylie around school together. I felt like a horrible, dirty cheater. And that's exactly what I was. But one big question still remained: Who would I choose? I had told myself after I got Kylie to have sex with me I would dump her, but I didn't think it would take that long for her to give in. And she had grown on me during our time together. Now, I knew I would be hurt if I left either of them. I had gotten myself into this giant mess, and it was up to me to get myself out of it.

A few minutes later, I pulled up to Sabrina's house and got out of the car, heading up the steps and knocking on the door.

Sabrina opened the door a couple minutes later, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"Chris why are you here so early?" she asked, stifling a yawn. I shrugged and flashed her a smile, which she returned.

"Can I come in?" I asked. She nodded and let me in, and then she sat on the couch and looked up at me expectantly. I sat next to her and I could feel her leaning against me as her hand trailed down my chest. I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers, and she instantly kissed me back. Her hands were roaming up and down my back, and I wanted to stay here a few more hours, but I knew that would make Kylie suspicious. Realizing how horrible I was being, I winced and pulled away slightly.

"Something wrong?" she asked, her eyes worried. I took a deep breath and shook my head, and she kissed me again. We had been in a steady relationship for a while now, and I didn't know why the fuck I had gotten involved with Kylie in the first place. I knew I had to break it off, but I didn't know how. I decided to do it as soon as I got back home. I knew she would be mad and hurt that she had to go back to her dad, but I couldn't help it.

A few minutes later, I felt Sabrina unbutton the first few buttons of my shirt, but I reached down and stopped her.

"I'm sorry. I just came by for a visit, I need to get home. I'll try to come back sometime this afternoon." I said, kissing her again briefly before buttoning my shirt and standing up.

"Okay." she said regretfully, embracing me tightly. I hugged her back and turned around, heading out the door and to my car. And my decision was made. Sabrina had to be the one I chose.

KYLIE POV

I was awoken by Chris shaking my shoulder lightly, and I smiled up at him as I opened my eyes. He didn't return the smile, though, which puzzled me. Why did he look so... regretful?

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Kylie, I have to tell you something." he said with a sigh. My heart sped up as I got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"W-what?" I asked hesitantly.

"Well, I didn't really know how to tell you this but... I'm in another relationship." he said, his eyes flickering away from mine to stare at the floor. My whole body was frozen in shock as the words processed in my head. He was in another relationship?

"For how long?" I whispered.

"Longer than I've known you. Much longer." he said.

"Then why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"I don't know why I did it. I kept telling myself I would break it off with you, but I never had the guts to do it. Until now." He said, looking back up to see my reaction. It felt like my heart literally stopped.

"You're breaking up with me?" I asked, fighting back the tears to hide my weakness.

He hesitated a moment before he nodded shamefully.

"You need to go now." he said in a quiet voice.

"Where? Where would I go?" I asked.

"Back to your old house. I can't help the fact that your parents live there, and you're probably going to get in a lot of trouble because of me, but I know this is all my fault. I'm sorry for leading you on, and I just want you to know that I made a giant mistake. It won't happen again." he said.

I was still speechless as I got off the bed and stood up, gathering all the things I had at his house and stuffing them in the bag. I turned around and saw him watching me with a sad look in his eyes. Why had he done it? Why had he ruined my life so completely? I thought I could trust him, but then he had been in a relationship the whole entire time he knew me. It wasn't fair.

I ran out of his room and down the stairs, letting the tears escape. I left his house and began to walk down the street, heading towards my house. I dialed Victoria on my cell, and she answered on the second ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Tori I need you to come pick me up please." I said.

"Where are you?"

"Just head in the direction of Chris' house. I'm walking on the sidewalk."

"Okay, be there in a few."

"Thanks."

I hung up and continued walking, and in the next few minutes I saw Tori's car pull up next to me.

"Hop in." she said.

I climbed in the car and she drove off, noticing the tears on my face.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I don't really wanna talk about it. Maybe I'll tell you tomorrow." I said in a hollow voice.

"Okay. Where are we going?" she asked.

"My house." I replied.

"You do realize your dads gonna kill you right?" she asked, looking at me like I was crazy.

"I know. Just do it." I said. I didn't care anymore.

"Okay, but I'm just warning you..." she said. I looked ahead as she sped up to our new destination, and I closed my eyes. I was ready to face whatever came along, because nothing in my life mattered anymore. I was broken by the one I loved the most. And the worst part was, I still loved him. With all my heart.

_____________________________________________________

Credit to @Unique_Cupcake for giving me some ideas for this chapter.