Chapter 5

I stare at the screen. Katniss sits there, screaming for Primrose Everdeen, her dead sister. Me. And all I can do is watch her. I slump into the felt couch. I pull my knees to my chest and watch the screen. No-one comes to inject her so she calms down. They're just watching her screaming and sending it to the TV channel.

Tears threaten to spill from my eyes, but I wipe them away. I need to stop crying every time I see Katniss or think about my family.

I'm not alone now. I have two other people to look after me or rather, me look after them. Still, the tears come as I sit there watching my sister scream for me. It hurts. At that moment, I hated Coin for doing this to my family.

Katniss stops screaming and curls up and starts crying silently. Still, the TV channel doesn't change the camera. I cry with her, for all the emotions I kept at bay while I was worrying about Bonnie and Twill. I notice people finally come and inject Katniss with a sleep syrim so she falls asleep but I keep crying. I hear a noise from behind me, the lift doors opening and closing and the next thing I know, Bonnie is sitting beside me, trying to comfort me. I lean into her. She feels so much like Katniss. I start to calm down. She whispers soothing words into my blonde hair, just like Katniss did, only, it's a different voice, a different person. Not Katniss. I still accept the comfort of her arms and soon enough, I'm no longer crying. I stay in her arms though, needing her warmth. After a while I whisper,

"It's not fair." Like a 6 year old.

"No, none of its fair. The fact that our world is like this, lying, thieving, none of it is." She says into my hair, reminding me even more of Katniss.

I sob and then say,

"That's exactly what she would say..."

I don't need to say her name for her to know I mean Katniss.

I sit there for a little while longer and then I pull away from her. Her face is sad.

"What is it?"

"Nothing, you just remind me so much of my little sister, Clarette. She died in the district eight uprising."

"Well, you remind me so much of my elder sister, Katniss, who think I died in the uprising of all the districts to the Capitol."

She smiles sadly. I return one. I realize she's turned off the TV. It's just us two, silently crying. In that moment, all the sadness drops as we smile at each other. Then she gets up and turns away and it returns. She wipes the tears from my face. Just like Katniss.

She pulls me up and takes me over to the elevator, pressing the ground floor button.

"What are we doing?"

"I thought, as its a lovely summers day, we might go looking in the woods. Is that ok?"

Just like Katniss, I think again.

"I guess, as long as we aren't hunting." Then I remember what Coin said about the electric fence. Was it electric? I couldn't remember. I tell Bonnie.

"We'll find a way through." She simply says. Just like Katniss.

We step out of the elevator, walk through the kitchen and are about to leave when I stop.

"Wait! Lets leave a note in case Twill wakes up and is wondering where we are."

Bonnie agrees so we write a note, telling twill we are scouting the perimeters. We leave it on the kitchen bench and head out the door. As we walk, we start talking.

"What about the rest of your family, apart from your sister?"

"They were all killed in the same bomb as Clarette."