Chapter Twenty-Three: Home

Nightmare Moon was screaming as the stream of rainbow magic swirled around her. But inside, Luna was kicking. The magic was weakening the shell around her, and she was helping to shatter it completely. She was in a frenzy, kicking and tossing her mane. Nightmare Moon didn't stand a chance against assaults from both outside and inside. With one last powerful kick that shattered the shell, Luna sent out a command: Get...out! Streams of light broke through, and Luna knew she was finally free.
--------------------------------
Luna woke up on the cold stone floor of a ruined castle. She was sore, but it was worth it. She was free of the Nightmare. Looking up, she saw the form of Celestia, looming large above her. Suddenly Luna was afraid. What if Celestia thought that Luna did all of this on her own? What if Luna was not forgiven?
"Princess Luna!"
Luna gasped and tried to move as Celestia kept speaking. She leaned down close to Luna.
"It has been a thousand years since I have seen you like this. Time to put our differences behind us. We were meant to rule together, little sister."

All was forgiven!

Guilt flooded Luna. Here I am, thinking she doesn't know, and she forgives me! And gives me back my royal title! "I'm so sorry! I've missed you so much, big sister!" Celestia wrapped Luna in a hug. " I've missed you, too." The other ponies on the room, of which there were six, we're rather surprised at their Princess calling another "sister". Never mind them. I am home.
-----------------------------
For the first time in more than a thousand years, ponies were looking at Luna with something other than fear. But they don't know me. They have never heard of a Princess Luna of the Moon. I miss Midnight.... Midnight Winter was dead to Luna for the second time. She had her sister and her subjects back at last....but she was missing her friend. I am home at last, but is it really home anymore?