Chapter 1

For her five years had been excruciatingly long. She'd been 16 when he'd first caught her fancy, his dark hair and strong jaw line had made her weak in the knees every time she saw him. She'd wanted him since day one, unfortunately for her the opportunity had always been pushed aside by her willingness to keep the rules.

It had been five years for him too, his 17 year old mind working in over drive as he watched the princess go about her ways completely unaware of his thoughts about her. He'd been forced to keep the rules, the idea of getting kicked out was enough to make him keep his ground. Maybe someday, but at that time he wasn't about to get himself stuck in a bad situation.

It was quite fun actually, the day she'd turned 21 was the day it all changed. Her wanting to keep the rules had practically diminished over the years and now she was ready to do anything. Seriously, she'd do anything.

"To the lovely Princess!" The room sounded together and lifted their cups to the beautiful curly brown haired girl sitting at the head of the table.

"Such spirited times Katherine, don't you think?" Clara her best friend said leaning over to her as they all sat down.

"Defiantly." Katherine said hardly paying attention to Clara as she watched the man with blue eyes a few seats away. He laughed with the other men as they swapped stories the metal on his chest glinting from the fire light.

"You think of Kelly, do you not?" Clara asked following her gaze. Katherine smirked and pulled her eyes from the man.

"Such a thing would be highly inappropriate Clara, and you know me, always following the rules." Katherine said smugly. Clara laughed knowing Katherine most defiantly did not follow the rules.

"Oh my dear friend, your so full of fire. But I fear your fire will not be touched tonight, such a thing is banned by your father himself." Clara said giving Katherine a warning she didn't need. She already knew the risks and she was more than willing to take it.

"Don't worry Clara, I understand perfectly. Do not tempt me with your cautious ways." Katherine said her voice telling her not to argue anymore. Clara gave her a small smile and shook her head, she looked from Katherine to Kelly her expression doubtful.

"I understand you know the rules and I know your ready for anything. But I fear Kelly is not, however much you tempt him he might not give in. He could loose his rank." Clara said quietly.

"He will comply, I am certain." Katherine said confidently. She wouldn't of been able to say that if it hadn't been true, it had only been a few weeks ago when she'd joyously learned of his affection twoards her:

He'd accompanied her on horseback to a neighboring kingdom when Katherine had made her move. They had stopped to let the horses rest and take a break when Katherine had done everything in her power to get him close to her.

"Kelly, come here, I'm afraid my boot has been torn." She'd said purposely tearing her shoe on the saddle while getting off.

It had been the best two minutes of her life as he knelt at her feet with her skirts up to her knees as he fixed the tear. When he'd pulled her skirts back down with out a word and walked back over to the horses she'd felt a little disappointed. It wasn't like she expected him to do something she'd just been to caught up in loving the feeling she hadn't made her move. She needed another plan.

She'd taken a sharp rock next to the log she was sitting on and cut a slice down the front of her blouse so the fabric hung loosely around her chest. She tossed the rock away and fixed her skirt so it hung nicely.

"Kelly! I need you!" It was more of a harsh demand than a playful call as she'd intended. She needed him in more than one way now and the irony of her words was hitting her in the face.