Waffles

Blood. Blood everywhere. In the snow, on his hands, on the trees of the dark forest. Norway had been running for hours, looking for Denmark. He had heard a shrill scream and cry for Mercy before a gunshot rang through his ears. He ran faster and faster, finding pools of blood seeping into the white snow. He ran until he found the black coat and blond hair of the Dane. He looked down and saw the cold, lifeless eyes of the once lively Denmark and cried as he fell to his knees. A warm tear ran down his face and into the snow before he collapsed and everything faded to black.

Norway woke up with a gasp, air filling his lungs as if he had been holding it for hours. What the hell was that? he asked himself, reminiscing on the nightmare he had just woken up from. He wiped his eyes as he realized he had been crying. Something about Denmark dying? Why did he care? He didn't care about that stupid Dane anyway, or so he told himself. 

"Norway! It's time for breakfast! I made waffles." Finland called cheerfully from downstairs. Norway hadn't woken up this late in years. He rubbed his eyes again and looked in the mirror, making sure his eyes weren't red or puffy from crying. He changed into his usual attire, except his hat, which seemed to be missing, and straightened the nordic cross clip in his hair.

As soon as he got downstairs everyone looked at him like he had 3 heads. "What?!" the Norwegian questioned, looking at the other 4 nordics sitting at the table. 

"Nothing it's just... You've never woken up this late before." Finland admitted, looking back down at his plate of waffles. Norway raised an eyebrow but let it go as he sat down at the table.

"Mornin' Norge!" Denmark said happily pulling out a chair for Norway to sit down. Norway scowled at him but sat down anyway. As Denmark looked away to grab a waffle, the Norwegian couldn't help but stare at him. The dream from last night left him feeling a little strange and seeing Denmark in real life after that horrifying bloodbath gave him butterflies. He had the urge to reach out and touch him, just to make sure he was there, but decided not to, as that would be incredibly embarrassing. 

Norway grabbed two waffles for himself and covered them with butter. He looked around at the other Nordics plates and mentally chuckled as he realized each one of their waffles fit their personalities. Sweden's had nothing on it except a single blueberry, Finland's was covered with all sorts of fruits, Iceland's just had syrup and a little bit of butter, and Denmarks had whipped cream, syrup, chocolate chips, sprinkles, and cherries, assembled to make the waffles look like smiley faces.

As Finland and Sweden had their own conversation about Hanatamago, Iceland decided to ask Norway a question. "Norge, did you have a nightmare last night? I could hear you screaming from my bedroom."

"He was probably having a dream about me." Denmark said with a wink. Norway's face immediately turned red and Iceland made a fake vomiting sound as Denmark laughed hysterically.

"You wish." Norway muttered, his eyes glued to the ground. He shoved a piece of waffle in his mouth and angrily chewed as Denmark continued to laugh. 

"Can you guys release your sexual tension somewhere else? You're making me uncomfortable." Iceland joked. Norway nearly choked on his waffles and Denmark stopped laughing, turning tomato red. As Norway continued to cough he excused himself and cleared his plate. He immediately stomped upstairs and locked his door as he ran into his room. 

Did Iceland really have to go and make everything so awkward?

It was a few minutes of laying on his bed and staring at the ceiling before he heard a knock on the door. He stayed silent but Denmark opened the door anyway, revealing a look of concern plastered across his face. 

"Are you okay? Why did you just get so upset?" Denmark asked, sitting next to Norway on the bed. Norway sat up and avoided the stare of the Dane, wanting anything but to talk to him right now.

"I'm not upset. I just don't find immature jokes funny. Maybe if you grew up a little you would understand that not everyone has the same sense of humor and some jokes make people uncomfortable. Now will you please go? I don't want you here." 

"Can we just talk? You push me away so much and recently you've been really cold." Denmark said, becoming serious for the first time in a long time. 

"Go." 

"Fine."

First chapter! Yay. A bit angsty but i hope that's alright! It won't be like that for the whole book :3 Also, this book isn't going to have any blood or gore, I just wanted to include some in the nightmare! Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed. Thank you for reading!