ICU

The next day, Norway was really eager to get to the hospital. His headache was gone and he was feeling a thousand times better, but he still couldn't feel whole unless he knew that Denmark was okay. After eating a light breakfast of absolutely nothing, Norway begged Sweden to drive him to the hospital. Norway was fine, but he still wasn't allowed to drive just in case he wasn't 100% healed. Norway felt super guilty for not paying any attention to Anna and Alexander but he was too nervous about Denmark to really sit down and talk with them. 

"Sverige let's go." Norway demanded, pulling on his coat as the Swede made his way down the stairs. Sweden hesitantly grabbed the keys and made their was to the hospital. Iceland, Finland, Anna, and Alexander were all asleep when they left so Sweden felt bad leaving them while they visited Denmark. 

After driving in silence for a little bit, Norway and Sweden arrived at the hospital. Sweden figured the surgery was over and he was in the ICU, so when they arrived they immediately made their way to the top floor. Norway impatiently dug his nails into his skin as the elevator made its slow ascent upstairs. Sweden usually wasn't very good at comforting people, but when he saw Norway digging his nails into his flesh he decided to wrap an arm around the Norwegian's shoulder. When the elevator doors opened, Norway rushed out and marched towards the secretary.

"I'm here to visit Den- uh- Mathias Køhler." Norway spoke sternly. The secretary looked up at him and then back down at her computer to check her files.

"He's not allowing visitors right now." she said, looking back up at him with a sympathetic smile. 

"What do you mean he's not accepting visitors? We're his family." Norway interrogated, looking down at the lady with furrowed brows. 

"The doctor's orders. Not mine." she responded, looking a little frightened at the Norwegian's persistence. 

"Do you know when he's allowed to have visitors?" Norway asked, softening his facial expression in realization that he was scaring the lady. 

"You can ask the doctor himself if you want. He's going on break in 15 minutes. If you sit in the waiting room I can direct him towards you." the woman suggested.

"That would be great thank you." Norway said, turing around to sit in the waiting room. Sweden followed and Norway bounced his leg impatiently as he sat down on one of the chairs.

~

Sweden and Norway waited for 15 minutes until they saw a dark-haired woman approach them in a white lab coat. Norway immediately stood up as he saw the doctor approach them. 

"Are you the two men inquiring about Mathias Køhler?" the doctor asked curiously, a smile appearing on her face.

"Yes, I am Lukas and this is Berwald." Norway greeted, motioning towards the tall Swede.

"I'm Doctor Ek. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you as well. Can you update us on the situation?" Norway inquired, trying not to sound rude as he forced information out of the doctor's mouth.

"Mathias Køhler is alive and recovering. We can't figure out how, but your friend's cells replicate incredibly fast. Anyone else would've died. He's a miracle." she explained, looking down at them with a genuine smile. Norway let out a sigh of relief and Sweden's expression remained neutral, though he was incredibly relieved inside. 

"Thank you so much." Norway spoke, tears lightly welling in his eyes. He was so happy. If he had lost Denmark, he didn't know what he would do with himself. He wanted to hug the lady, but he was too overwhelmed to even move. 

"Do you know when we can visit or when he will be released?" Sweden spoke up, his blue eyes lighting up in anticipation.

"I believe you will be able to visit by tomorrow. He will be released in a week and won't be fully recovered for up to a month" she replied, "Now- I should probably get to my break. But I wish you the best of luck in the future and hopefully I will see you tomorrow for a visit with Mathias. Have a nice day." 

"Thank you so much." Norway said, giving her a smile as she walked away to go on break. Turning back to Sweden, Norway happily cried and wrapped his arms around the taller country. Sweden hugged back and allowed a smile to spread across his face. The past week had been hell. First, Norway had gone missing, and then they nearly lost Denmark. Sweden was an absolute emotional rock, but the past week was really testing his aloofness. He just wanted everything to go back to normal. The week had been really tough on Finland and he hated seeing his "wife" in pain. 

"Want to head back home?" Sweden asked, pulling away from the unusually emotional Norwegian.

"Ja"