11 - hangover

Dan woke up with a huge headache, and he felt nauseous.

He noticed that he wasn't at the house where the party was held, he was at Phil's. He also noticed Phil was asleep on the far end of the sofa.

He tasted vomit, and ran to the toilet. He threw up, a lot. All Dan wanted to do was lay on the bathroom floor and cry. He had drank, and he told himself he would never drink. He realized how angry and upset Phil must've been. Did Phil pick him up? Did he walk to Phil's flat? He didn't remember.

Dan got up and went to sit on the sofa. As he was spacing out he heard Phil's voice.

"Dan..." Phil mumbled. Dan looked over to him and saw the worry in his eyes. His stomach knotted. He wanted to cry.

And then came the yelling. Lots of "It wasn't like you!" and "Tell me what's wrong!" Dan was on the verge of breaking down and crying. He hated being yelled at.

"Phil, I—" And the sobbing began.

Phil's eyes softened. "Shit. Dan, please stop. Don't cry. Please don't cry. Dan, I'm sorry."

Dan dug his face into a pillow. Those words made him cry harder. He felt Phil's arms around him.

"Dan, oh my god, Dan. Please don't cry. I shouldn't have yelled. Fuck."

Dan looked up from the pillow and buried his face into Phil's shoulder. He needed to pull himself together. He took deep breaths. He calmed down, wrapping his arms around Phil's neck tightly.

"That– that was unnecessary. Sorry. Sorry for drinking. I don't know why I did it."

Phil didn't reply, he just squeezed Dan tighter.

Then, Dan and Phil locked eyes, brown on blue, and Phil kissed Dan.

a/n

this is so short sorry