Chapter Twelve

Lassiter and Juliet balanced their guns on their left wrist, their left hand holding a flashlight and their right hand the gun. They moved slowly throughout the warehouse, following the thin but visible trail of blood. Eventually, the trail ended at a pool of blood that had slowly been forming. The source was a large man, their friend. "Buzz... I am so, so sorry," Juliet whispered, going up to Buzz and placing her hand on his cheek. His head shifted so the weight of it was held by Juliet's hand, and his eyes flickered open.

"Juliet..." Buzz groaned. He coughed up some blood, but looked at her with gentle eyes.

"Buzz, you don't deserve this. Carlton and I are going to get you out of here."

"Wait..." Buzz couldn't say anymore, but he tilted his head to point at the corner. There was a camera and a bomb. "Sylar said if -" he coughed some more blood up as sirens were blaring in the distance, very far away "- if you don't set him free, he'll blow us all up. And if you set me free, he'll blow us all up. Don't -" more blood "- don't do it. He needs to be kept behind bars."

Lassiter had now turned to Buzz, eyes full of sorrow. "O'Hara, your call." Juliet looked back at Lassiter, then at Buzz, then at the camera and bomb.

"We are getting you out of here, Buzz. That's final." Right as she said that, the sirens got closer and closer until they stopped. A car door opened, and Shawn rushed into the Verdant warehouse. He immediately raced towards Buzz, but then turned and headed for the bomb. Using his mind, he lifted it in the air and broke it apart, making sure it couldn't blow, and then he did the same with the camera. "Shawn, don't stress yourself!"

He looked at Juliet, his skin slightly paler than normal. "I'll be fine. Now, Buzz, how are you?"

Buzz was about to speak, but ended up in a fit of bloody coughing instead. Lassiter did a quick once-over of Buzz, then turned to Shawn. "He was moved here recently from an unknown location, possibly the other warehouse, and then was given a few lacerations on the arms and contusions to the face and body, and finally a stab wound to the thigh."

"Buzz... I am so sorry. You didn't deserve this, man," Shawn said. He then shouted, "Clear!," and the paramedics came in to help Buzz. "Oh, and Lassie? I kinda stole a cop car to get here... will I get arrested?"

Lassiter aimed his fist at Shawn, but then pointed at him and said, "You are an idiot. This time, it slides because another officer was in danger, but do not think you can get away with this again."

"Hm." Shawn then spoke quickly to a paramedic, checking to see about Buzz, then he hopped into the ambulance with the officer and rode to the hospital.

**********

Shawn had called Gus, and Gus was on his way with a pineapple for Buzz and then he was going to take Shawn home. Shawn now sat by Buzz's bedside, looking at the comatose man. Dr. Erskin walked in. "Hello, Shawn! Uh, is Buzz here your friend?" Shawn nodded. "Well, whatever he did after getting these wounds really took it out of him. He is in a coma now, but we only expect to last a week or so, so his body can recover enough for physical activity. Shawn nodded and slapped Buzz lightly on the shoulder.

"Get better, man. The department needs you. Your wife needs you." As he spoke, Francine walked in, followed by Gus. Francine immediately rushed back to her husband's side, and spoke softly to him Shawn got up, took the pineapple and placed it on the windowsill, and left with Gus.

**********

"Where am I dropping you off?" Gus asked.

"Psych. I'll take my motorcycle from there."

"Just don't do anything stupid."

"Never in a million years, Gus."

The Blueberry pulled up to the Psych office, and Shawn hopped out and thanked Gus. He ran inside to grab his helmet and jacket, and also ended up grabbing a snack as well. After eating, he went back outside, hopped on his Norton, and drove to his and Juliet's house.

**********

He opened the door silently. Jules was passed out on the couch, a glass of wine rolling on the floor where her hand was hanging off the couch. She was snoring lightly. Shawn smiled at her softly and put his helmet and jacket on the coat rack by the door. He climbed up the stairs and put his arms under Juliet and carried her bridal style to their bedroom.

Shawn got changed and snuggled next to Juliet. He kissed her on her temple and fell asleep to the sound of her snores.