Chapter 4

(during A Scandal In Belgravia)

I opened the door to 221B Bakerstreet. mrs. Hudson came downstairs and gave me a hug.
"oh, Sherlock already told me they released you! so I made pizza, I know you love it!" she said. "Sherlock and John aren't home, by the way, so it's just us two."
I followed her inside and we had dinner.
I went to bed early and saw mrs. Hudson had cleaned it up. I really should thank her tomorrow, buy her flowers or chocolate or something. I sat down on my bed and looked at the picture of me and Jim. he told me that he loved me today! I didn't think the photo would be intact, though.

the next morning I came into the living room and saw Sherlock and John sitting there with a cup of tea.
"and? have you guys solved it?"
"yes", Sherlock answered.
"yea, it was so weird yesterday night. we were in the swimming pool to meet this man and he putted a bomb around me!" John said.
"tell me about it", I said and sat down.
"well, those bombs were all from the same creep, what was his name again, Sherlock?"
"I don't want her to be involved", he said.
"come on, Sherlock! I'm not a child anymore", I said.
"oh, I remember, his name is-"
"shut up", Sherlock said and walked away, followed by John saying "sorry".
I walked downstairs and asked mrs. Hudson if I could help her with something.
"no, dear, you better be careful with that shoulder", she said.
"but you got your hip", I said, but she started laughing and continued doing whatever she was doing.
"maybe you can call some friends or your boyfriend. I don't want you to be lonely. are you gonna tell us his name once, or will he stay "the mysterious boyfriend"?" she said.
"yea, I could", I said and smiled. "I want to keep my lovelife just for myself, sorry."
"nevermind, dear."
I grabbed my coat and walked to Jim's apartement. I knocked on the door and he opened it, looking a bit surprised.
"hello, darling, what are you doing here?" he asked.
"hi, oh; I just stepped by", I said.
we went upstairs and he made us some tea. there was standing a suitcase next to the door.
"are you going somewhere?" I asked.
"yea, I have to do something for my work, won't be gone for a long time", he said.
"where are you going?" I asked.
"not important. so how are you?"
"I'm fine. glad to be home again."
he smiled. "I can understand that." he stood up and went to grab something. "here, I think you must be a bit bored not working and just being home, so I bought you this", he said and gave me a book and cd.
"aww, thank you so much! that's so sweet!" I said.
"you're welcome. hope you like it", he said.
"I certainly do", I said and hugged him.
"look, I have to do something now, but you can just be here, if you want, or come back later", he said.
"yea, I'll be fine. I can make a start in this new book."
"okay", he said and walked to his study room.
i grabbed the book and opened it. DON'T BE BORED, LOVE, JIM it said in the opening page. I smiled and turned on this page and started reading.
after a while Jim came into the living room.
"how is the book?" he asked.
"very good, but I have to go home, sadly. my brother and his friend are in Germany and otherwise my landlady is alone." I grabbed my book, cd and my coat, kissed him goodbye and took a cab home.
I opened the door and grabbed some food and we t upstairs.
then I heard mrs. Hudson screaming. I ran down the stairs and saw a man standing there.
"who the hell are you and what are you doing here?" I asked. "and how did you get in?"
"the door was open", he said. "I came here for Sherlock Holmes."
"well, he's in Germany at the moment, but he'll br back tomorrow."
"oh, then I'll come back tomorrow. sorry for disturbing you, mis", he said and went outside.
mrs. Hudson started laughing. "I almost got a heartattack!" she said.
"I'll call Sherlock", I said and told him about the man.
"I'm on my waym guess this is another case!" he said and hang up.

"okay, so what exactly happened?"
"well, I got problems with my car, it wouldn't start. I stepped out and there was a man, a hiker, looking at the sky. I tried to start my car again and, boom! it broke. I stepped out again and the hiker was gone, so I went looking to ask him for help and saw him lying on the ground, dead", the man said.
Sherlock turned on his laptop and John, who was at the place where it happend, shew him everything.
I sat in the living room with the man and Sherlock, who was wearing only his sheet.
then a few men came in, taking sherlock with them, who was still wearing his sheet.
"Lyn, will you take care of this man?" he asked and I nodded.
in the evening John and Sherlock were still awaym I began to worry a bit and sent them both a text:

     HEY, WHERE R U?
     I'M WORRIED
          - LH

I got an answer from John:

     HEY, GOT SOME TROUBLE
     WITH THE WOMAN
          - JW

It was Christmas today. we invited some friends to come over; the girlfriend of John, Molly and Greg.
Molly took a whole bag full of presents with her. Sherlock played some Christmas songs on the violin, but he seemed a bit distracted. when I started about The Woman, he acted a bit weird. he was in love with her! he got a present and opened it and it was the phone of Irene Adler, The Woman; totally broken. she had told him that she would protect it with her life.
"are you okay?" I asked.
he nodded and went outside, followed by Molly.
"where are they going?"
"probably to the hospital to see if she's really dead", I said and went after them.
there was a body lying on the table. Molly putted the blanket away, so you could see the face.
"I don't know if you can still recognizd her. she's a bit, uhm..." Molly said and Sherlock looked at it.
"show me the rest of the body", he said.
"okay", Molly said and pulled the blanket of her.
"yes, that's her", he said and walked away.
"how could he recognize her from... not her face?" Molly asked.
"I don't know", I said and walked outside the room and heard sherlock and Mycroft talking.
"merry Christmas, Mycroft", Sherlock said and walked away.
"merry Christmas indeed", I said to Mycroft.
"you both know that I hate Christmas!" he said.
"yea, I do."
I walked home and John opened the door.
"hey, do you know where Sherlock is?" he asked.
"it was her, John, she's deadm I guess he's somewhere, but I think he wants to be alone for a moment", I said.
"oh, I'm sorry."
I came inside.
"Jeanette just broke up with me, you know", he said.
"I'm sorry. it's her lost", I said and went upstairs.
my phone buzzied and I looked at it:

     MERRY CHRISTMAS
     DARLING
          -XX- JIM

I sent him a text back and felt a bit quilty about the fact that I didn't wish him a merry Christmas earlier.

the next morning I woke up and knocked on Sherlock's door.
"good morning. are you okay?" I asked.
"I'm fine, can you please go away?" he screamed. he hadn't even opened the door. "and good morning."
I took a long shower and went downstairs. Sherlock and John weren't there.
"are they still sleeping?" I asked.
"no, they both have left the house", mrs. Hudson answered.
"okay", I said and sat down in a chair. my shoulder hurt a bit, maybe that shower wasn't such a good idea.
"everything alright, dear?" she asked.
I nodded. "just the shoulder, you know."
"let me take a look", she said, but I started to protest. "I have my hip, so I know something about it", she said.
I pulled of my sweater and she looked at my shoulder. it was a bit cold with just a shirt.
"this doesn't look good", she said. "it's very red and swollen."
"well, what do you want me to do?"