Chapter 9

(during The Reichenbach Fall)

I looked at John. this was a trick...
"oh my god, Sherlock!" John said and went outside.
"is there anything wrong?" asked mrs. Hudson.
I shook my head and heard the song 'Rock 'N Roll', by Avril Lavigne, coming out of my phone. Someone was calling me! I went outside again.
"hello?" I said.
"hey, honey!" Jim said. "I'm having a problem, I'm afraid, and I really need your help. it's important."
"what can I do for you?" I asked.
"come to Barts hospital."
"why, actually?"
"because I think someone you love is going to die", he said.
"who?" I said and felt my heart beating in my throat.
"I gotte go. please come", he said. "you deserve to say goodbye to him."
Sherlock...
I hang up and took a cab to the hospital. I stepped out when I arrived and ran into the building without paying the taxidriver. I went to the lockers and opened one with a hairpin and took a gun out of it. the locker was from one of the doctors who was very paranoid so I knew he would have one. I put the gun in my pocket and called Jim.
"I'm at the hospital. where are you?" I said.
"I'm on the roof", he answered.
I ran upstairs and saw him sitting there, listening to 'Stayin' Alive'. I was about to walk towards him when I saw Sherlock coming. I hid after something, I didn't know exactly what it was, but that didn't matter at all.
"here we are at last. the final problem", I heard Jim saying. "staying alive! so boring, isn't it?" he said and stopped the music.
I listened to their conversation and finally heard the word I was so afraid to hear; suicide. Sherlock had to kill himself! I shook my head. no, he never would do that. But if he didn't then John, mrs. Hudson and Lestrade would die, or maybe Jim! I took the gun out of my pocket and looked at it. maybe... my hands were shaking. maybe if i would die they all wouldn't. Sherlock and Jim both loved me, so maybe it could work.
"can you give me one moment of privacy, please?" I heard sherlock saying.
"ofcourse", Jim said and I heard footsteps coming towards me.
Sherlock started laughing.
"what? what is it?!" Jim said "what did I miss?!"
"I don't have to kill myself as long as I got you", Sherlock said.
"oh", Jim said, with surprise in his voice.
"so the shooters can be called off."
"your brother and all the king's horses couldnt make me do anything I didn't want to, do you really think you can?" Jim said.
"oh yes. so do you", Sherlock said. "I'm not my brother, remember? I'm you, ready to do what ordinary people won't do."
I closed my eyes for a second and opened them again and came walking towards them, the gun in my hand.
"so am I", I said and pointed the gun at my head.
they both looked at me.
"I'm serious! I will shoot if you guys don't stop this madness!" I screamed.
"why would you?"
"because you are the two persons I love the most and I don't wanna lose you", I answered.
"thank you, honey", Jim said and winked at me.
"you always were. now, will you guys please make it up? for me?" I asked and walked away and looked at London.
the view was very different from here.I heard Jim and Sherlock talking and turned around.
"as long as I'm alive, your friends are safe", Jim said and they shook hands. "well, good luck with that!"
I saw him grab his gun.
I saw him pointing it in his mouth.
I saw him pulling the trigger and falling on the ground.
it felt like someone punched me in the face, very hard. I knew that I was screaming, even though I didn't hear myself. I ran to him and looked at him. there was blood all over the ground.
"NOOOOOO!!" I screamed and started crying.
I sat down next to his body and touched his face.
"please come back! please, do it for me!" I cried. "you cannot be dead, you're James Moriarty, consulting criminal! you just cant be dead, okay? I love you", I said, but he was dead, no doubt.
somewhere far away I heard Sherlock talking to someone.
"thats what people do, don't they? leave a note", he said. "goodbye John." he threw his phone away and looked at me and smiled a bit, tears running down his cheecks.then he jumped of the building.
I was punched in the face again. no, this was just a bad dream, tomorrow I would wake up and they would be alive, perfectly fine. I stood up and walked to the edge of the roof and saw Sherlock lying on the ground with blood everywhere. I turned away from it and grabbed a pieca of paper and a pen out of my pocket and wrote down something: for Sherlock Holmes and Jim Moriarty. I pointed the gun at my head, took a deep breath and pulled the trigger.
the bullet didn't hit me in the head, as it was meant to. I didn't know where it had hit me, I didn't feel anything, I was just a bit dizzy. I touched my leftshoulder and my hand was red of all the blood. I looked at it, surprised. my whole shirt was running red. then I looked at Jim again and started falling. I lay on the ground and closed my eyes.
"I love you, my dear. goodbye", I heard the voice with the beautiful Irish accent saying.
no... this was just my imagination...

I did survive it.
I had been in the hospital for a few days. today it was the day when they released me. I took a cab home and saw John and mrs. Hudson standing there. I hugged them and went upstairs, changing my clothes.
then we took a cab to the graveyard, visiting Sherlock's grave. mrs. Hudson and John were talking a bit and I just stand there, looking at the black stone. i still couldn't believe that he and Jim were dead.
"I will leave you alone", mrs. Hudson said and I nodded and walked away with her, leaving john alone