Special

(during The Abominable Bride)

[ the things that take place in the world of today will be bold like this and the things in the Victorian Time will look normal. just so you know:)
and I call Sherlock mr. Holmes and John dr. Watson ]

MISS ME? the words were stuck in my head. it was on every tv screen in the city. how?
"I have to go", I said and walked away.

knockings on the door. mrs. Hudson opened it and mr. Holmes, dr. Watson and a young boy who was carrying some boxes came inside.
"you have a client. upstairs", I told them.
"I've read your new case", mrs. Hudson said.
"and? did you like it?" dr. Watson asked.
"uhm... no" she replied.
"your client, she's waiting, sir", I reminded them.
"she?" he asked.
"yes. is that a problem, sir?"
"not at all, miss", he replied and they went upstairs.
I went upstairs too, inside my room.
after a while someone knocked on the door again. I sighed and went downstairs to open it. Lestrade was standing there, he looked nervous. he went inside the living room.
"ah, Lestrade!" Holmes said. "Watson, you can give him a drink. he looks at it the whole time so it's clear he want one."
Dr. Watson stood up. "wrong deduction, Holmes."
"well, then correct me, doctor."
"he didn't want a drink. he needed one. he's afraid."
"nah, I'm not afraid" Lestrade said.
"fear is wisdom in the face of danger", Holmes said.
"something happened." Lestrade explained about the bride shooting herself.
"so, what's the matter? you wouldn't come here just because a dead woman", Holmes said.
"it's what happened a few hours later", Lestrade replied and told about the bride coming back and shooting her husband.
Holmes and Watson went to the mortuary to see the bride, Emelia Ricoletti.
"boys, always running around", Mary Watson said and shook her head.
I nodded. "yes."

I went home and looked in my room. I needed to find any clues to see if he could be alive or not. and if I couldn't find them here, I would go back to his appartement.

The next few weeks there wasn't much news about the case with the bride. until this morning when a lady paid us a visit and told about her husband getting threads.
in the afternoon mr. Holmes and dr. Watson were going to see someone. Mycroft. I grabbed my coat and went outside, just walking through the streets of London. almost everybody said hello to me since my brother was nearly famous.
"miss Holmes?"
I looked up and saw Mike Stampford's face looking out a cab's window. the cab stopped, the horse nearly bumped into me. Stampford got out of the cab and walked towards me.
"long time no seen, miss. are you okay? I've heard about your relation with professor Moriarty", he said.
"hello, sir. i'm fine, thank you. oh really?" I replied.
"yea, I'm sorry for your loss."
"oh, don't pretend like you care that he's dead, because I know you don't, sir." I stayed quiet for a moment. "have a nice day, mr. Stampford."

there was nothing in my room, not one clue. I took a cab to Jim's appartement and opened the door with my hairpin again. his stuff still was there. I looked at the table and saw the note I left last time. only the person who left the notes at my place would understand it. there was something else written on it.
Miss me?
I looked up and grabbed a pen.
where are you?
I sat down in a chair and looked around. all those things from Jim reminded me of him and tears filled my eyes. I would be so happy if he would still be alive.

I came home and noticed Holmes and Watson were still gone.
"where are they?" I asked.
"they're staying at sir Eustace Carmichael's house. he's the man who got death threads", mrs. Hudson answered.
"why couldn't they wait for me, just one time!" I complained and sat down in a chair.
"I know the feeling, dear", she replied and smiled at me. "I never do anything but showing upstairs and making tea in their stories, it's our duty, you know."
I grabbed a piece of paper and sent a telegram to my brother and his friend.
dear Holmes and Watson,
I hope your case is going well, sadly I don't even know which case this is about because none of you told me anything.
- Evangeline Holmes
I was just angry with them and I wanted them to know. Why did they always have to keep me out of everything? Everyone always did, but c'mon, I wasn't that younger! I sighed. only Jim Moriarty treated me as I wanted. but, ofcourse, he was dead. I went inside my room and grabbed the necklace he gave me once out of my closet and put it on.

my phone buzzied, someone was calling me.
"Hello?" I said.

Watson had told me about all that happened at sir Carmichael's house. it was about the bride again.
"thank you for finally telling me something, sir", I said. "so you saw her too? the bride?" I added.
his eyes widened and he nodded slowly.
"Must be very terrifying."
I walked inside the living room. Holmes sat there on the ground, legged, with his elbows leaning on his knees and his eyes closed. Mrs. Hudson and Lestrade were standing on the doorstep.
"what's he doing?" Lestrade asked.
"I don't know", mrs. Hudson replied. "but he's been like this for at least two days."

"Hello, dear", I heard the voice with the beautiful Irish accent saying.
I felt my heart beating. "Jim?"
"wow, I shouldn't expect you still remember me", he said.
"ofcourse I do! But I'm tripping, you have to help me", I said. "Is this phonecall real? or is this me being crazy like hell?"
"come to the pub where we've met, honey, then you'll see", he said and hang up.
I stood up and went outside, walking towards the pub.

Mrs. Watson came inside. Holmes was back again.
"I think I've found something", she said. "come!"
Holmes and Watson grabbed their coats and hats and so did I.
"I'm coming too", I said.
"fine."
we took a cab to a church. the horse was running as fast as it could.
we stepped out and followed mrs. Watson inside. Holmes grabbed my arm and pulled me back.
"you'll stand guard", he said.
"what?!" I replied. "why?"
"because you don't have anything else to do here, little sister."
"so you just let me come with you so that you could leave me here to stand guard. is that right, sir?"
he nodded.
"you dick!"
he started laughing. "come on, miss, what else did you think you could do here? stand guard please!"
"and what will I do when there is danger?"
"you'll go away", he answered and went inside.
I sat down against the wall and waited till they would come back.

after a while they came back, followed by some women. I recognized Molly Hooper, Janine and Watson's maid, the rest of them I didn't know. I stood up.
"whats going on?" I asked.
"Mycroft was right; this is a fight we must lose", Holmes said.
I noticed the women were all wearing a gown and then I got it.

I went inside and looked around for Jim. I almost thought I really was crazy as I saw him sitting next to the window. I slowly walked towards him.
"hi", I said.
"hey", he replied and smiled at me.
God, I missed him so much!
"sit down", he said and I sat down on the chair next to him.
"should I worry that my grandma is also alive, because everyone who's dead seems to return", I said and smiled.
"Nah, I shouldn't, darling", he said and grabbed my hand. "I've missed you."
"I've missed you too", I said.
"so you aren't angry with me?"
"not at this moment. but I'm afraid I will be. you did try to kill my brother", I said.
"we'll talk things out", he replied and kissed me.
"were you the one who left me notes?" I asked.
he smiled at me. "what do you think?"

We sat in our living room, me, mr. Holmes and dr. Watson. Holmes told us about a dream he had about a world far in the future. there were flying machines and something called 'cars'.
"that's ridiculous!" I said.
"as for your own... tale, are you sure it's still just a 7% solution that you take? I think you may have increased the dosage", Watson said.
"Perhaps I was being a little fanciful. but perhaps such things could come to pass. in any case I know I would be very much at home in such a world", he replied.
"well, I don't think I would be."
"I beg to differ. but then I've always known I was a man out of this time", Holmes said and smiled.