Chapter 5

(during A Scandal In Belgravia)

I sat in the waiting room at the hospital. mrs. Hudson had begged me to make an appointment, so i did. a nurse came in.
"Evangeline Holmes?"
I stood up and followed her to the doctor.
"so you came here for your shoulder?" he asked.
"yes."
"it was broken and now there's something wrong?"
"yes, ofcourse there is, why else would I be here?"
"well than, what is it?"
"I did tell you that on the phone, doctor."
"oh yea, right", he said.
I looked at him; red eyes with bags under it, a beard, shaking hands. he probably went through tuff times, I guess his wife had cheated on him, or something like that.
he looked at my shoulder while talking to himself. "oh, yes, yes, I can see, oh, no, this is not good", he said.
"what is not good?"
"this is very bad."
"can you please just TELL ME what is so bad?" I asked, a bit angry.
"you have an infection in your shoulder and that's bad, but I think you'll be okay", he said.
"you think?"
"yea, you can never know. I once had this person, who had the same as you, but it was so bad that he commited suicid-"
"okay, stop it! you better tell me how to get rid of it", I said.
he gave me some medicines and I was on my way.
when I came back home, I went upstairs and saw Sherlock, John and another woman sitting there.
"having another case?" I asked.
"no."
"hi, I'm Irene Adler, nice to meet you", she said.
"but Irene was dead, wasn't she?" I asked.
"no, I'm perfectly alive. Sherlock, I need that phone back, it's my protection."
"no."
"but you don't know the code."
"do I not?" he said and shew us the screen.
I am SHER locked.
"this is just loosing", he said.
I went upstairs and heard Sheelock saying something about 007, or whatever. he probably solved something, I didn't think he was talking about James Bond. I went downstairs again to see what was going on.
"flight 007, it's briliant! Lyn, are you joining us? we have to go somewhere", Sherlock said.
"sure", I said and followed them outside.
we took a cab. Sherlock, John and I were sitting on the backseat and Irene sat next to the cabby.
"where exactly are we going?" I asked.
"to the airport", Sherlock said.
the cab stopped and we stepped out. there was a plane standing there.
"007!" John said.
we ran to the plane and saw Mycroft standing there. we followed him into the plane. it was dark inside and everyone inside was sleeping.
"what's wrong with them?" I asked and looked at them. "oh my god, they're dead, aren't they?"
Mycroft nodded.
I began to feel a bit sick, so I went outside and waited until they were done there.
they came out of the plane and we went home.
"where's Irene?" I asked.
"nevermind."
we went inside and I listened to Sherlock playing the violin and read in my book.