Chapter 12

(during His Last Vow)

"what the hell happened to you?" I asked when John and Mary took Sherlock and another dude inside the lab.
"nothing", Sherlock replied.
"then why are you looking like a drug addicted?"
"it was an experiment, okay!"
"and what are you guys doing here?"
"his arm is bruised", John said and pointed at the other man. "and Sherlock needs to pee in a jar", he added.

when we arrived at 221B Baker Street, Mycroft was inside, sitting in a chair.
"hello, brother mine", he said to Sherlock and smiled.
"what are you doing here, Mycroft?" Sherlock replied.
I went to my room, I didn't want to be part of their childish issues.
I stood before the door of my room and took a deep breath before opening it. everytime I came inside or woke up something had changed and it started to be pretty scary. I went inside and looked around. there was nothing wrong. nothing. I sat down at the chair behind my desk and looked at it. it was such a mess! I started removing some papers when I found this piece of paper.
I ♡ U -xx-
what the hell was this? I went downstairs again.
"did you guys get in my room?" I asked.
"i don't even live her anymore", John answered.
"Sherlock?"
"no, I've not been in your room for ages. why?"
"oh nothing", I replied. "just wondering."

the next few days I still thought about the note. what the hell was it? someone pretending to be Jim? someone was stalking me or I just started being crazy. I grabbed my phone and entered the number.
"hello?" a man's voice said.
"hi, you have appartements for hire, is that right?" I asked.
"yes, I have one."
"is it empty or is there living someone now?"
"there's living someone."
"okay, thanks", I replied and hang up. I was about to pay a visit at the person who's living in Jim Moriarty's flat.
I took a cab and knocked on the door. nobody was home.
"then I don't have another choice", i said and grabbed a hairpin out of my pocket and opened the door with it. I went inside and looked around. this was strange. all Jim's stuff was still in here, it looked exactly the same as when he still lived here. I grabbed a pen and wrote something on a piece of paper.
I ♡ U -xx-
then I went back home. I came inside the living room and saw Sherlock, John and three other men standing there. one of then was peeing in the fireplace.
"what are you doing?!" I said.
he turned around and then I recognized him; it was Charles Augustus Magnussen!
"oh, Evangeline Holmes!" he said. "or may I say Lyn?"
"Lyn's fine. but guess what? you were just leaving so you really don't have to say my name", I said and held the door open for them.
"it has been very nice to meet you... Lyn. it's always good to know the previous owners of your house", he said.
"mrs. Hudson is the owner." I pushed them outside and closed the door. "that was weird."
Sherlock and John ignored me and went outside.

"ugh, it's been Christmas for almost a week now, how can it only be two o'clock?" Mycroft said.
"Stop complaining!" I said to him.
me, Mycroft, Sherlock, John, Mary and Bill stayed at my parent's with Christmas. Mycroft hated Christmas, Sherlock has been shot and John and Mary weren't talking with eachother. so it was fun.
I went inside the living room. Mary sat in a chair and was reading a book.
"are you okay?" I asked.
"yea, I'm fine", she answered.
"and do you need anything? a cup of tea maybe?"
she smiled at me. "no, but thanks."
John came inside so I went into the kitchen again. hopefully they would talk things out. suddenly I felt really tired and I closed my eyes...

I woke up about an hour later. Mycroft and Mary were awake too and Bill was just about to be.
"what happened?"
"they took my laptop", Mycroft said.
"where did they go?" Mary asked.
"to Appledore", he replied. "Bill, stay here, look after my parents when they wake up." he, Mary and me went outside and went to Appledore in a helikopter.
the view was breath taking, certainly when we saw Appledore. it was a huge building lying between the farmlands. the helikopter started to fly lower when Sherlock, John and Magnussen came outside. Magnussen started flicking John's face, but then Sherlock shot him dead. the helikopter landed and Sherlock got arrested.
"damn it, Sherlock!" I said tears running down my cheeks.
there was a plane waiting to take him away. John, Mycroft, Mary and me stood there to say goodbye to him. I gave him a big hug.
"I will miss you, brother", I said.
"don't. you'll be much happier this way", he replied. "and besides, I won't be gone for a long time."
"let's hope so."
"could you guys leave us alone for a moment? me and John?"
we nodded and walked away.
"sad moment in history, isn't it? Sherlock being arrested", Mary said with a sad smile.
then John came walking towards us and Sherlock got in the plane. I looked at it as it started flying, but after a few minutes my phone buzzied. I grabbed it out of my pocket and looked at it. a video appeared on the screen, a video of Moriarty's face with as subtext: "miss me?" I looked at it with wide eyes and so did Mycroft at his laptop as he called Sherlock and the plane started landing again. I didn't even notice, the only thing I could think about were these two words.
MISS ME?