Chapter 10

(during The Empty Hearse)

I was back on the roof. I saw Jim and Sherlock dying again and there was nothing I could do to stop them. Right at the moment when I pulled the trigger I woke up.
I opened my eyes and looked around. I wasn't on the roof, but in my room. I took a deep breath. after two years I still got nightmares. I stood up and turned the lights on. I saw his shadow on the wall and turned around. He was standing there, right behind me.
he smiled. "hello, darling! wanna go for a walk?"
"in the middle of the night?" I asked.
"yea, London's very different at night, more beautiful", he said.
"okay", I said and we went outside.
I was holding his hand when we walked through the streets. we were quiet during our walk and he kissed me goodbye when we arrived at my house again.

I woke up the next morning and remembered this dream. I stood up and looked in the mirror. my eyes widened. I was wearing my coat and boots. but no, it couldn't be possible thay I really had gone on a walk with Jim Moriarty...

it was my break at work. I looked at my phone and saw I got a text:

BAKERSTREET. NOW
- JW

I was surprised, I hadn't talked to John for ages. I went outside and took a cab. I grabbed my keys and opened the door. it was veey long since the last time I had seen the stairs leading to the messy living room where we used to live. I went upstairs and saw John and mrs. Hudson sitting there.
"Lyn, there you are!" mrs. Hudson said.
"so why did I have to come?" I asked.
"Sherlock, he's... just..." John said. "not dead."
"what? how do you know?"
"he visited us both", mrs. Hudson said. "saying that he's back."
"didn't he told you?" John asked.
"no", I answered, a bit hurt.
"I'm sorry", he said. "I just wanted to say that I'm very angry with him. where is he anyway?"
"it's Sherlock, who knows?" I said and tried to smile.
"don't mind him, dear. maybe he didn't know you moved out", mrs. Hudson said to me.
"I guess so", I said. "it is very lovely to see you again. goodbye!" I went to the park and sat down to think.
someone sat next to me, reading a newspaper so I couldn't see his face.
"I know it's you, Sherlock."
he threw the paper away and smiled at me.
"I'm so happy you're alive! why didn't you tell me?" I said and hugged him. I just couldn't be angry.
"so why did you move out of 221B Baker Street?" he asked.
"because I moved on."
"I don't like your new appartement."
"neither do I."
"then why don't come back?" he asked.
I looked at him. "It's not that easy, Sherlock."
"yes, it is. I will tell mrs. Hudson", he said and walked away.

I opened my eyes, but I only saw darkness. I turned the lights on and saw my room, I was back in 221B Baker Street for a few weeks now. I was about to turn the lights off again, when I noticed the picture of me and Jim standing on the windowpane again. I certainly didn't put it there, it hurt too much to look at it. but if I hadn't do it, then how could it be standing there?

I went downstairs and heard voices coming out of the living room. I went inside and saw my parents sitting on the couch, talking to Sherlock.
"mom? dad?" I asked a bit surprised.
"hello, dear!" my mother said.
"I didn't expect you guys here since you didn't even show up at sherlock's funeral", I said.
they looked at eachother.
"oh, you knew."
the door opened and John came in.
"it was very nice to see you, goodbye", Sherlock said and pushed them towards the door.
I passed him when I went upstairs. "good luck with John", I said. I turned around again. "by the way, John, are you feeling better again? Sherlock told me about you almost burnt to death."
"yea, thanks. I'm still a bit smoked though", he said.
"I can understand that. I'm glad you shaved the moustache off, it didn't work for you", I said and went upstairs.
hopefully they could talk things out. I sat down on my bed and looked at the picture on the windowpane. I probably had put it there and forgot it. still a bit strange though.
after a while I heard them leaving.

they came back in the evening.
"a case?" I asked and smiled.
John nodded and Sherlock grabbed the hat and was about to go outside again.
"Sherlock?" John asked and Sherlock turned around. "you are going to tell me how you did it. how you jumped off that building and survived."
"you know my methods, John. I'm known to be indestructible."