eleven

Ashley's POv:

It was 3:30 a.m. when I woke up because of a phone call.
I rubbed my eyes and picked up.

Ethan: "Ashley? did I wake you up?"
me: "ya you okay?"
Ethan: "oh I'm so sorry. can I come?"
me: "ya sure"
Ethan: "be there in five"

I quickly got up and brushed my teeth so I didn't have morning breath and went downstairs silently. I saw Ethan walking towards the doorway and I opened the door.

me: "you okay?"
Ethan: "can we go to your room? I don't want your mom to wake up"
me: "okay"

I grabbed his hand and we walked to my bed. he sat on it and I went next to him and then we went in the covers laying down.

me: "can't sleep?"
Ethan shook his head
me: "why?"

Ethan looked at me and tears started forming in his eyes.
I held onto his hand tighter.
Ethan gave me his phone and it was left on his texts. with Emily. his girlfriend. she texted him at 3:23 a.m., and he called me right after that meant.

This is how it went:
Emily: "Ethan?"
Ethan: "yes baby?"
Emily: "I don't think I love you anymore"

me: "Ethan I'm so sorry"

I hugged him and went close to him and he hugged back and out his head in my shoulder. he was crying but I didn't want to stop him or anything so he can let it all out. I just hugged him and we stayed like this for 1 more hour and he kissed my forehead and our his head back onto my shoulder.

Ethan: "thank you for letting me come in and stuff and not getting mad at me for waking you up."
me: "anytime you're my best friend and brother I'm always here for you"

he nodded and he continued to cry.
after a while I realized that he fell asleep so I put him on the pillow and tugged him more in the bed and hugged him and fell asleep as well.

Next morning:

I woke up and Ethan was still asleep. he looked so calm and peaceful. I let him sleep in late because I didn't want him to wake up and remember what happened.
I got up and brushed my teeth and washed my face and went downstairs.

my mom texted me: "hey Hun I went to work early today i will be coming home late"
me: "okay"

I went and made breakfast for me and then made it for Ethan. I left it down and went upstairs to see if he was awake, and he was coming down the stairs.

me: "I made you breakfast."
Ethan: "thanks"
his voice was low and he sounded so depressed. 
I then got a text from Grayson.
"babe can I come?"
me: "okay. btw Ethan is here."
Grayson: "why?"
me: "I'll tell you once you get here"

me: "Ethan I'll be right back"
Ethan: "ok"
I quickly went outside and Grayson was coming.
me: "his girlfriend texted him at three in the morning and said that she didn't love him anymore and he asked me if he can come over and he came and cried. I made him breakfast. Would you like some too?"
Grayson: "no thank you, we have to cheer him up."
we then walked into the house and Ethan wasn't there.
Grayson: "where'd he go?"
me: "I don't know he is probably in the bathroom or something"
he nodded his head. ten minutes passed.
me: "let me go find him."
Grayson: "okay"

I went upstairs and saw Ethan sitting at the side of my bed looking out the window. I sat next to him. he was crying.
Ethan: "it's not fair. why was she with me if she didn't love me? i loved her. I should've known. there were some rumors of her cheating on me but I ignored them because k thought she loved me. I wish I had what you and Grayson have."
he then faced me.
me: "you will find someone who truly loves you one day. I promise."
Ethan: "I don't want some one else. I'm scared"
me: "you shouldn't be. and you shouldn't feel sad. she isn't worth it if she treated you like that. come on let's go down stairs. get her off your mind."
I grabbed Ethan's hand and we went downstairs.
Grayson: "we're all going to the carnival wether you like it or not!"

a/n: sorry this was long