nineteen

Ashley's POV:

I went downstairs and saw my mom. it was only us two because I am a senior and Jack went to college. he went since we got out of school. my mom has been on lots of business meetings and stuff.

me: "hi mom"
my mom: "hi honey."

we then sat on the couch and we were talking about life.

my mom: "you really love Grayson."
me: "yes he makes me so happy and I love him so much. he is the best thing that ever happened to me. he always makes me feel amazing and my life has been much better ever since we started dating. he makes my life perfect."
my mom: "I remember when I felt like that. it was with your dad, my first love."

we talked a little more and then drove to my grandparents house because they invited us over for lunch and a cake since it was their wedding anniversary. they have been together for 50 years which was truly amazing. my brother Jack was supposed to come by himself and he was there.

during lunch, we ate food and talked. we talked about everything, life, school, my moms work, everything. my grandma knows about Grayson but we haven't told my grandpa all the details. whenever it's just us ladies, I tell her stuff about him. I told my grandpa that I'm dating a guy who makes me feel amazing and said some stuff about him.
then us ladies went and sat in the backyard. and my grandpa and brother went to the other room to watch tv.

my grandma: "you know, Grayson is a keeper. you should keep him forever."
I felt myself blush and just giggled.

after a little while, we cut their cake. it had "happy 50th anniversary" written on it. after cutting the first piece, they kissed each other.
I smiled and thought to myself. I was thinking about Grayson. maybe that will be us when we are old.
we all ate cake and we talked a bit more and my mom, Jack and I went home.