chapter three

"Look I'll pay you Ricky, just let me get my paycheck." The person from the other side of the door said.

"Joey is that's you, God please be the right Joey, it's me Lauren I really need to talk to you."

"Lauren, I thought you were my landlord." Joey said opening the door. It was him, he was the only one who will listen to me, the only one who can make this mess seam less scary.

"Joey." I said relieved, the hugged him.

"Sure come in." He said then pried me off of him and shut the door. "Look I don't mean to be rude but, what are you doing here?"

"What do you mean, your my best friend I always come to you when I'm in trouble."

"Lauren were not friends, we haven't spoken in years."

The walls around me felt like the were closing in fast. I can't breathe. Not friends. What sick and twisted world is this.

"Um Lauren are you okay? Do you want a glass of water or something?" Joey asked me, I nodded my head. "How about we step out side." I nodded my head.

"What I .. I want a fluffy pillow."

"What?" He asked confused.

"A fluffy pillow. I need a fluffy pillow to hug."

Joey nodded and handed me the pillow off the chair. He went into the kitchen and fixed me a glass of water the led me out side.

"Are you feeling better, how about I walk you hone." I nodded my head and stood up and we began to walk.

"What happened to us we use to be so close?" I asked him.

"I don't really like to talk about it." He said.

"Well what do you do for a living?"

"I'm a photographer."

"That's amazing, Joey," I said starting to get serious, "yesterday was my 13th birthday and some how now I'm this."

"Lauren I think I can help. Are we almost at your place?"

"What yea were here, I live in this big building." I told him then we went inside.

When we got inside my apartment I went straight to the couch and sat down. Joey on the other hand looked around for something.

"Here we go, this should jog your memory." He said placing some year books down in front of me. "Just flip through them."

I randomly opened the book and the first page I turned to was of the six chick's, but I was with them. "Why am I with the six chick's? Wait was I a six chick's?" I asked him.

"Yea, you were there leader." Joey told me as he sat down across from me.

"What ever happened to Meredith?"

"Well I've herd that you two are still good friends, and that you to work together." He said then handed me the picture that was sitting on the coffee table.

"That's me now, and that's the girl from this morning, she did look familiar." I said sitting the photo down. I turned the next page I the year book. "Oh my gosh did I go to the winter dance with Joe Walker?"

"Yea you were also crowned queen." He said not to happily. The phone began to ring but I ignored it. I have everything I've ever wanted. "Lauren."

"Huh?" I said coming out of my daze.

"Your phone are you going to answer it?" Joey said. I looked at him for a moment, he looked different, the happiness that he seamed to have when we were kids was gone.