Prologue

The sea crashed against the jagged rocks, the white foam slinking back to the ocean each time. The sea was dark yet bright at the same time, drifting back and forth on the sand. In the middle of the sea, a wooden post stood. A mop of blonde, tied to the column, ducked underneath the waves. We stood on the rocks, up high and alone. The exercise that the blonde woman was attempting to achieve required her to be close to death to remember a locked memory within her.

“Are you sure we should let her be like that for so long?” I asked timidly and faced Satoshi, also known as my father. His hair was thick and black, swept back and away from his face. He wore a plain black shirt; it was tight and showed off his muscles despite his age. His eyes were filled with wisdom and behind that, determination. 

“It is not the ropes that bind her, Natasha. It is her fear,” his Japanese accent rang clear as he replied back. He stood firmly with his hands behind his back as he watched Emily. 

I turned to Aiden who stood in the same position behind him slightly, his face emotionless as his eyes also stared at Emily. He had dark brown hair that just covered his entire head. He wore a tight black jacket with dark jeans. It was a large contrast compared to the bright sun on the beach. He caught my eye and smiled slightly before Satoshi cleared his throat. He quickly returned back to his solemn face. 

“She isn’t afraid to die,” Aiden's deep gravelly British voice replied. Satoshi remained silent as he continued watching. He already knew. 

“Well then, get her out. She’s still trying to remember her mother but at this rate, she might drown,” Satoshi ordered. Aiden nodded and walked away, going downhill towards the beach. Without any hesitation, he went straight in and swam towards the post, disappearing under the water. Moments later, they surfaced, Emily coughing and leaning heavily against him. 

“Let us go see the results,” Satoshi walked calmly down towards Emily, watching her with dull eyes. I followed, trailing behind as I prepared myself for the upcoming drama.