Chapter 6 PART II

Aiden smiled guiltily as he rubbed at the spot where I punched him in. He glanced around to make sure no one was around before he talked.

"Sorry, I saw Emily and I panicked, I didn't want you to make too much noise in case someone around here hears," he explained. I glared at him as I shook my head at him, remembering the heart attack I nearly had when his gloved hand covered half my face. 

"Yeah, well, I'm not Emily. Next time you attempt that, I'm snapping your neck, you got it?" I growled as I started to head off towards the direction of the Stowaway. Aiden chuckled as he jogged after me. 

"Where're you going?" Aiden's British voice was clear as he called out. 

"Somewhere that is none of your concern, Seriously Aiden, if you want to stay out of Emily's sight, then it's best if you just stay away until I send you a message," I pulled out the iphone he gave me and wove it around in his face before turning back and continued making my way towards the docks. 

"Don't worry, I'm going to reveal myself soon. I can't do much behind the scenes, and frankly, I don't want you to lose Emily's trust. So, when I do reveal myself, you act as shocked and surprised as Emily is, okay?" he told me. Gears in my mind started to spin about whether I should let Aiden know about Nolan, but seeing Nolan's boxing skills, I'm sure he'll be fine, plus Emily will be there. 

****

As I neared the Stowaway, I heard loud music, slightly muffled, being blasted from inside the bar. Ignoring the fluttering of butterflies within my stomach, I knocked on the door, sincerely hoping for it to be Declan that answers it. 

My hopes were brought down because nobody answered it. 

I knocked on it one more time, just in case. As I did, I knocked it too hard and the door opened slightly. Shocked, I took a step back as I stared at the opening. I waited to see if anyone was going to stop me. No one did. Hesitantly, I took a step forward and pushed the door open, walking in to see Declan ducking down at the other side of the bar, doing what seemed to be some sort of plumbing. 

"Declan?" I called out, regretting it the instant I did. As I said his name, Declan jumped and turned his head towards me, resulting in him doing some sort of movement with the tool that he was holding that caused the pipe to explode with water. 

"Dammit!" he yelled in frustration as he scrambled for a towel and placed it against the stream of water. 

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," I said in surprise as he looked up at me and gave me an embarrassed smile, shaking his head. Then he looked at something behind my head. 

"What happened?" Amanda's voice came from behind me. I whipped my head to see her and Jack walking through the door. Amanda smiled at me before returning to a serious expression, looking at Declan. Jack nodded to me before he walked straight past to the back. 

"Told you to turn off the water if you're going to touch those pipes," he commented as he ducked down a hit some sort of switch that stopped the water. Declan tilted his head in frustration. 

"Yeah, I guess I forgot, you know," he replied, annoyance clearly in his voice. 

"Kinda like how you forgot that strict work schedule that you were harping about earlier," he continued, glaring at the pipes. Once the water stopped completely, he sighed in relief and glanced at me before continuing the conversation. 

"Where the hell you been, man?" 

Jack stood up as he stared at Declan, pausing as he reluctantly decided whether to tell or not. Amanda took it upon herself to tell him.