Chapter 1 - PART II

The way to exit the beach we had been on is a narrow yet short cave. I saw Emily's thin figure outlined by her black clothes hit the sunlight as she walked quickly towards the large mansion that we stayed in. 

"Em!" I yelled after her, running as I did. She slowed and turned her head to see who it is. 

"Natasha," she smiled pleasantly at me as she waited for me to catch up. I grinned at her and checked behind me, making sure there was no one to see or hear me. 

"Is it that pressuring around your father?" she asked quietly as we continued making our way back. I stared down at my fingers, twirling my thumbs as I did. 

"Most of the time. It's just that he expects me to do and say everything perfectly. I'm eighteen, I have to inherit the company at twenty one. It's too much," I confessed to her and sighed heavily. She put an arm around my shoulders and gave me an encouraging side hug. 

"I'm always around for you to talk to. That is until I..." she trailed off, her delicate eyebrows knitted as she thought about whether she should tell me this mysterious piece of information or not. I tilted my head slightly, waiting. She shook her head and smiled. 

"Never mind, the important part is that whenever you need help, you're more than welcome to come to me," she said. I smiled happily as I felt a small jump of joy within me. Aiden and Emily were always good to me, the daughter of their trainer. Spending nearly every day of the week training my martial arts and business skills, not to mention, forming my emotions into something my father had planned out for me, was not exactly the ideal life for a teenager. 

The two had come in at the perfect time six years ago.

My eyes trailed back to Emily. We had slowed our walking pace to enjoy the heat of the strong sun. She was staring down at the floor, her face emotionless but her eyes a complete different story. It was like as if different emotions were roaring within her while memories swam through her head. 

"Thinking about the Graysons?" her emotions changed. She blinked and glanced at me, pain now clear in her eyes. I regretted the sentence. 

"Sorry. I didn't mean to intrude," I quickly said, racking my brains for jokes to tell her and to get her to laugh again. She smiled with no humour and shook her head slowly. 

"It's all right. You, Takeda and Aiden know about my situation after all. It's no wonder that you're curious," she told me. We reached the large Japanese mansion, the front porch made out of dark laminated wood with at least three stories. The walls were thin but strong, made out of traditional Japanese paper. The sliding shoji had detailed flower designs painted on it, cherry blossoms, the traditional flower of Japan. 

We went up the steps of the porch and the shoji door slid open. One of our maids stood at the door with a pleasant smiling face, her long black hair tied back into a simple bun. 

"Emily-sama, Hazuki-sama," the maid called me by my Japanese name. She spotted the knife in Emily's hand and jumped slightly. Emily quickly hid the knife behind her. 

"Is Takeda-sama or Aiden-sama coming by anytime soon?" she asked in Japanese. Emily tilted her head as she decided what she should do. 

"No, but could you please ready a bath in my room?" she asked the maid politely. The maided nodded and bowed slightly. She turned to me. 

"Please bring a big bowl of miso soup and sashimi to Emily's room. I will be eating it," I sighed in bliss at the thought of drinking hot soup and eating refreshing salmon. Emily gave an amused look before the maid bowed and went away to follow the orders. 

She turned and put Aiden's knife on the porch to let him collect it. She gestured to the door and I walked in ahead of her. We went up the stairs and reached Emily's room. It was like all of the other rooms, plain beige tatami mats, white walls and a folded futon at the side. 

In Emily's bag, I spotted a photo. I reached out and took it, examining the young man in the  wallet-sized photo. He had broad shoulders which was outlined with a light grey suit. He had thick dark brown hair and a long face. He was smiling with bright white teeth and wore reflective sunglasses. 

"Daniel Grayson," Emily's voice cut into my observation. I looked up at her to see she was wearing only a towel around her curvaceous figure. 

"A Grayson?" I asked and my concentration went back to the photo.

"The only son of the Graysons and the inheritor of Grayson Global, their very large company," she explained. I cocked my head and handed the photo back to her. 

"Why do you have his photo?" I asked curiously. She took it and sighed. 

"Through the many events of me getting to know the Graysons, I was engaged to him. I had to act like as if I was actually in love with him. It must have been in one of my jackets or clothes," she turned and chucked the photo into the bin.

"But I broke off the engagement. He doesn't really matter right now," she said and turned back to me with a smile. 

"How bout we go relax in the female springs? We can tell the maid to deliver the miso soup and sashimi to my room afterwards," she suggested. I grinned at her. 

"There's nothing more that I want right now," I stood up and went to find the maid. 

Right, so that's the first chapter. Unfortunately, I can't write very long chapters so you guys will somehow have to put up with me XD sorry~ I hope you guys like it~ it was pretty interesting to write in a character into the story while using dialogue from the actual series, it's a very interesting experience for me! Anyway, I will be releasing the second chapter very soon~ Thank you~

RoseHazuki