Chapter 13

*Three Days after Sabrina came by*

Billie's POV:

I walked into Chelsea's room and shook her until she woke up. She sleepily looked at me and then tried to go back to sleep.

"Chelsea? Don't you wanna listen to new music?" I persuaded her.

She nodded and sat up. Every since she "talked" with Sabrina, she's been sleeping through the night and crying less. Whatever Sabrina told Chelsea was helping her get by.

Chelsea grabbed a notebook and a pen off of her nightstand and began writing.

"What time is it?" Chelsea wrote.

"Its about eight," I replied.

"Not that I'm not excited about hearing new music, but can't we do this at, like, ten?"

"I have to be in the studio by then."

"Can't you just work from home?"

"I wish I could, but anyways, come on. Let's go downstairs."

"Okay."

I waited for Chelsea to get out of bed. She took a couple of seconds to tie her hair up and grab her notebook, but after she did, she began to walk downstairs with me in front of her. We walked into the basement and I grabbed a guitar. I sat down on the couch in the corner, already beginning to play. Chelsea sat down next to me and watched intently.

"Don't wanna be an American idiot.
Don't want a nation under the new mania. And can you hear the sound of hysteria? The subliminal mind f-" I sang but stopped before I sang "fuck."

"How does the rest of the song go?" Chelsea asked(wrote).

"You know about cuss words, right?" I asked her.

"Oh! You were about to say fuck!"

"Don't use them around Adrienne because I don't think she wants you using them, okay?"

"I know. And by the way, you can just call her 'Adie.'"

"Did she tell you that?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Not many people can call her that. In other words, you should know that she has respect for you."

"Really?"

"Yep!"

"I guess that's pretty cool."

Chelsea smiled and set her pen and notebook aside. She pointed to the guitar I was holding, so I figured she wanted me to continue playing. I thought about what to play and settled on Drama Queen.

"She is my drama queen. She is so wet and reckless. She is my drama queen. She dangles from her necklace. Daddy's little bundle of joy, out of a magazine. Everyone's drama queen is old enough to bleed now," I sang.

I finished singing Drama Queen, and many other songs, before noticing Chelsea was smiling widely. When I looked at her she tried to hide her smile but it was too obvious. I smiled back and she looked down at the ground, her smile slowly disappeared.

"I know you're scared of being happy again, and that's okay, just know that being happy isn't a bad thing at all," I told her honestly.

"What if the court decides that I'm guilty and I have to go to prison?"

"But you aren't guilty."

"Yeah, I'm not guilty but my mom is a good liar and I don't want to go to jail."

She began to cry and I put the guitar aside so that I could hug her. I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back.

"I'm sorry," she said so quiet that I almost didn't hear her.

"You talked?" I asked, making sure I heard her. I pulled away from the hug and looked at her happily.

"Yeah."

"W-why did you stop talking?"

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry! You just made my day, Kid!"

I hugged her again and she hugged me back. I felt one tear begin to fall down my cheek and quickly wiped it away. We heard footsteps coming down the stairs, and Chelsea quickly pulled away from the hug. She frantically wiped as many tears as she could from her face and sat up.

"Hey, Dad-uh...h-hi, Chelsea," Joey awkwardly greeted us.

"Hey, Joey. What did you need?" I asked him while standing up.

"Tré called and said that him and Mike are sick so you aren't meeting at the studio today. So...now that you don't have to work, can we go surfing?"

"Yeah! Go wake up Jakob and go tell your mom."

"Okay!"

Joey left the room happily and I suddenly felt a smile form on my face. I looked at Chelsea, who had a hidden excited smile plastered on her face.

"Do you wanna come to the beach with us?" I asked Chelsea.

"Is it fun?" Chelsea asked.

"Wait. Are you telling me that you haven't been to the beach before?!"

"Well, no. I haven't seen the ocean before."

"You'll love it! And if you want, I'll teach you how to surf."

"Really?!"

"Of course!"

"Okay! I'll go get ready!"

Chelsea quickly exited the room happily. I'm assuming she went to Adrienne to borrow a swimsuit and wetsuit because I didn't hear her door squeak open. I stood up and began to walk upstairs, so I could get ready to go. I couldn't stop thinking about Chelsea's reaction to the ocean for the first time. I knew that, for once in her life, she'd feel free.

This is going to be perfect.

A/N: heyyy guys! So this chapter is like 100 words shorter than usual so sorry! Im super tired and I didn't kno what else to add to the chapter!!! Anyways ilysm! XOXO

P.S. In this fanfic Joey is 17 and Jakob is 14