Chapter 14

(Read end of previous chapter so you know what's going on! Unless you don't need to, of course)

Billie's POV:

I woke up. I guess that it was all a dream. I had to go to work today and Chelsea never talked. My life was a nightmare. I placed a kiss on Adie's temple before getting ready for the day. She was most likely still asleep, but there was a chance she'd be awake so I proceeded to go to her room.

I knocked but didn't get an answer. I knocked again and still didn't hear anything. I began to worry if she was okay.

Why isn't she answering the door? She always answers the door even when she doesn't want to. What if she left the house? What if she's running away?

Just then, I heard a clash in the kitchen. I swiftly made my way downstairs and into the kitchen, worried about what it was. When I got downstairs, there was a fantastic aroma of fresh coffee and bacon. I walked into the kitchen and saw Chelsea cooking a huge breakfast. The counter had platers of pancakes, waffles, crepes, and various different breakfast foods; it looked straight out of a movie.

Chelsea turned around and gave me a half smile. She motioned for me to sit down and handed me a mug of coffee.

"Did you do all of this?" I asked happily before taking a sip of coffee.

She nodded with disappointment.

"Oh my god. This coffee is the best I've ever tasted in my life."

She blushed while moving a strand of hair in her face behind her ear.

"Hold on."

I sprinted upstairs to wake everyone up for breakfast. I ran into everyone's room and shook them until they woke up, telling them, "you've gotta get up and try this food!" Naturally, my yelling woke them up and soon they all came downstairs. Their eyes widened and their mouths fell agape. Jakob and Joey raced to get plates and food while Adie grabbed a cup of coffee. I walked over to the food and moved it to the dining room table.

Just as I set the food down, I realized why Chelsea made breakfast. She tried to say sorry for being depressed. I watched Chelsea bring more food in the dining room and set it down.

"Chelsea? Why did you do this?" I whispered so no one else would hear.

She looked at me with sympathy then shrugged her shoulders.

"A-are you trying to say sorry?" I asked for confirmation.

She nodded and I saw her eyes become red and glossed.

I set my coffee down on the table and hugged her. She cried into my chest but I didn't care too much. After all, I did have more than one shirt. Joey walked in and a look of pity took over his smile. He looked at me for an answer and I mouthed, "she's tired of being sad." He nodded his head, showing he understood.

"It's okay. Just breathe. You grieve as long as you need to because you need to let all of those emotions out," I whispered to Chelsea.

She refused when I asked her, but I could've sworn that she whispered how scared she was.

Chelsea's POV:

//Flashback//

"Chelsea! Come downstairs!" Mom orders me.

I walk downstairs into the kitchen where Mom is. She's staring out the window at children playing a game.

"Yes, Mother?" I ask her.

"Do you see those children out there?" she asks me, pointing to the kids playing in the street.

I nod my head and look out the window. The children have a metal stick that they're swinging at a small, white ball.

"Those kids' parents are going to Hell. They need to keep their kids inside. Its too dangerous to keep them outside like that! See, now, I'm a good mother. I keep you indoors where its safe and when you need to go out, I stay with you. I don't let you talk to those kids. They'll teach you wrong! Wrong! Do you hear me, Chelsea?! It's wrong to go out there with those-those delinquents! Chelsea?! Are you listening to me?! You are despicable!" Mom screamed.

She draws back her hand and smacks my face forcefully. I fly onto the ground and feel a black eye form. I stumble as I get up, and she looks at me apologetically.

"Oh, my! I'm so sorry, dear. I-I just care so much about you. I'm trying to keep you safe," Mom apologizes.

"Its okay. I forgive you, Mom," I tell her honestly.

//End of Flashback//

Billie was going to hit me. I couldn't help but think about the pain that would run throughout my body. He'd draw his hand back and hit me with all of his might. Just like my mom always said, "people can't, and don't, change." Somehow, I was stupid enough to believe that.
*
Jakob and Joey ate their breakfast ravenously while Adie and Billie ate calmly. I didn't take any food besides tea and two pieces of bacon. I made it for them not me. Billie and Adie whispered to each other a few times and they both looked happy. I looked back at the two boys scarfing down their food and realized that I would never fit into this family.

They all began to have a conversation with some laughs shared in between. I faked a smile whenever they laughed. They looked so happy as a family. Then there was me. All alone, no one that I was talking to. Just me, contemplating if I should just run.

Suddenly Mike and Tre bursted through the front door, finding spots at the dining table next to me. They immediately looked at Billie with fake disappointment.

"Thanks for not showing up to the studio," Tre teased Billie.

"Yeah, really," Mike played along.

"I had a good reason. We are all actually sitting in the dining room tolerating each other," Billie said with a slight laugh.

Mike jokingly rolled his eyes and nudged my shoulder. I faked a smile and he looked at me happily, like he believed it was a genuine smile.

"So who made all of this?" Tre asked loudly.

"Ch-" Billie began but he saw me shake my head. "Adie made it."

Adie shot him a confused look and he discreetly pointed at me. She glanced at me and nodded slightly.

"Thank you! It tastes amazing!" Mike and Tre exclaimed in unison.

"Yeah," Adie played along.

She was disappointed in me, just like everyone else.

A/N: heyyy beautiful people!! Sorry that it took me so long to update! I had extreeeeeme writers block XP! I didn't proofread this chapter bc im tired so sorry if its bad! Anyways, ilyasm! XOXO

P.S. Please check out my other Green Day fanfic, Graffiti!