Coexist

I sigh, getting myself comfy on the sofa. Phil, yet again, is going on one of his excessively long and poetic rants about his not-so-secret crush on Cat.

"I mean, what's not to like? Her hair, her eyes... And that smile! I really feel like I've achieved something when she laughs at something I've said, you know?"

I nod with a half-smile. Ironically, I do understand. I completely agree with every babbled word that comes out of his mouth - only, my feelings are for him.

Sighing deeply, I realise yet again that I'm going to be sat here for a very, very long time. And the best website to cure boredom: Tumblr.

Perhaps unnecessarily so, I open my laptop lid slowly, sneaking cautious glances over at Phil every now and then. He's oblivious, lost in his romantic monologue. I laugh internally at the four letters I've typed into the search bar out of habit.

Phan.

Scrolling down, I see an endless universe of perfect scenarios laid out before me.

Dan and Phil, hugging.

Dan and Phil, kissing.

Dan and Phil, holding hands.

Dan and Phil, watching TV in the dark, just like real life; only their fingers aren't really intertwined under a blanket, and Dan doesn't really lean his head on Phil's shoulder the way they all think.

God, how I wish I could do that. I wish, more than anything, for a fairy Godmother, or a genie, or perhaps a guardian angel. Someone who could make one of these fan edits come true.

Shit - maybe not that one. I snort in amusement, closing the laptop and turning back to Phil. That's enough Tumblr for today.