15

I press the friendly green button, answering the call. Phil's equally smiley face springs up onto the screen.

"Hi!" I grin, turning up the volume on my laptop.

"Hey! It's been a while." He takes his glasses off - probably been doing homework.

"Yeah, I wish it hadn't. My mum confiscated like, my entire belongings after I failed these mock exams." I roll my eyes. "School sucks balls."

"I feel you. College isn't as fun as it sounds either, trust me."

"Well in that case, university'd better be fucking amazing to make up for it - seriously, I'm expecting chocolate truffles between lectures and algebra chips in my brain."

Phil laughs, adorable as always. "Sounds great, and at least I could be with you then."

We pause, lost in a comfortable silence, probably both imagining our perfect universe. I hope I'm in his, because he's the only one in mine.

Glancing at the screen again, I see his tongue poking out of his teeth slightly, face frozen in a half-smile.

I chuckle. "What are you thinking about?"

He snaps out of his trance, blinking and shaking his head slightly. "It's nothing."

"No, tell me!" I laugh at his dazed expression, and he smiles in return, taking a breath.

"Just... Imagine, spending the nights together; watching the sun go down, and cuddling under the stars. I'd like that a lot."

"Yeah, that'd be fun."

Sighing wistfully, I strain to see out of my blinds, only to be met with stark concrete. "I've never seen a sunset - a nice one, I mean. Living in the city really sucks."

"Aw, you have to go up this hill to see one, when we meet: it's absolutely beautiful."

"Gladly." I laugh. Looking at the calendar on my otherwise bare wall, I count down the days. The bleak, lonely days preceding my visit to Phil.

15 more to go.