Sunny Forecast

Based off a wonderful prompt from bookyxoxo (cheeky spon 😉)

Phil knows he didn't rape the girl, despite what the media was saying. He respects women so much, why would he do that? But Phil could see one bright side, he had consulted a lawyer earlier about it. What would a lawyer like Daniel Howell like about the meteorologist Phil Lester?

"So, Philip, usually I'd ask you what your case is, but judging by all the news reports, I think I can guess."

"Call me Phil," I say, rubbing the back of my neck nervously. "And yeah, just so you know, it was a fake testimony - just a way to get attention onto herself, you know?"

"It's not uncommon." He nods gravely, though I can't take him seriously: a twenty-odd year old wearing a pensioner's suit doesn't exactly fill me with hope.

"However, this means that the case will be relatively simple to close in your favour," He begins, folding his hands on the dark mahogany table. "All I'll really need from you is-"

"Is that your boyfriend?" I regret it as soon as I point to the picture on Dan's desk of him kissing a blond, curly-haired man.

He blushes slightly, biting his lip as he places the frame face-down onto the desk. "Used to be." Is his soft reply.

There's a few seconds of silence before I decide, idiotically, to try and make the situation better.

"Erm, maybe I could take you a coffee - it might help? You know, you can talk it through and all that good stuff."

Snorting under his breath, I can see that he's trying to suppress a smile. "Thank you, but I'm strictly professional when it comes to things like this."

"Of course you are." I mirror his actions subconsciously, looking down and flicking my hair to the side. "How about when you're not working?"

"What you do outside of this room is of no concern to me." His brown doe eyes meet mine for a moment, but he looks away almost immediately.

"I see." I smile at him; his eyes have a sparkle and life that lawyers' shouldn't - he's obviously not been in the profession very long.

Just then he catches a glimpse of a clock on the wall behind me. "Oh, I'm sorry, but... Would you mind, um...?" He stumbles, trying not to insult me - though it's still obvious what he's trying to say.

"It's fine." Laughing, I stand up to put my coat back on, taking my cue to leave. "I've probably overstayed my welcome anyway."

"It's no bother." He shakes my hand firmly over the table, smiling and looking me straight in the eyes for the first time. "Glad to be working with you, Phil."