6

A little bit of Legolas guys.

*Fifty years earlier*

"I worry about his priorities, my lord." Legolas said to Elrond, his eyebrows furrowed. "He spends far too much time trying to bring a mut out of her hole." He had reached Rivendell with a message from his father. When asked how the king was faring his answer was not good.

"Legolas you're going to have to be more specific than that. Who is this "mut" you speak of" Elrond said, not reacting to any other of the words Legolas had spoken.

"She's a half human half elf that rescued my father from an orcish dungeon some 450 years ago."

"Then she is indeed not a mut but a person, and a hero at that. In all of my time I have met only one half elf, a lively young woman by the name of Thea. I have not heard or seen of her in many hears. "

"Yes that's her name but lively is not the word. I believe that after being a captive of orcs for sixty-seven years she changed."

"I am very sorry to hear that. Her parents were wonderful people. Don't worry about your father, he could use someone else." At those words Elrond walked away and left the prince deep on thought.

***
*back to present time*

Lake town was dark and the boards of the walks along the houses creaked and the threat of orcs hung over the air. Thea moved quietly along the buildings, alone, having lost sight of Legolas and his companion. Across the street loud noises came from a two story house. Dwarves Thea thought and smiled. She crossed the street quickly and knocked once on the door. The house went silent and then shuffling noises came from inside. The door swung open and the tip of a sword pushed itself below her chin. A tall brown haired man was connected to the sword.

"Now, now, fisherman let's not go there." Thea stepped back and pushed the sword away with one finger.

"Thea?" A small hobbit voice asked from under the table.

"Mr. Baggins, I'm delighted to hear you. Now can I please See you." The hobbit rolled out from under the table and dwarves came out from everywhere. Bilbo was followed by one of the dwarvish brothers who appeared to be hurt. The red haired captain of the gaurd, who Thea now remembered as Tauriel, stepped out from behind and almost empty book case.

"My lady? What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I am not a lady, I am a servant." Thea correct.

"But my la.. Thea, King Thranduil favors you."

"No, that's ridiculous but I have been banished so we will never know." Thea didn't turn red but Tauriel did.

"Banished for what?" Thorin asked.

"For helping you. But enough about me. What about you?"

"I am Bard." said the fisherman that a little girl hid behind.

"Alright Bard, we had a deal. Where are our wepons?" Thorin asked roughly. Bard nodded and brought fourth some crude looking pieces of metal.

"What is this." Thorin exclaimed holding up one as the rest of the dwarves muttered around him.

"Pike hook. Made from an old harpoon." Bard answered smoothly.

"And this?" A younger dwarf asked.

"A crow bill we call it. Fashioned from a smithies hammer. It's heavy in the hand I grant. But in defense of your life these will serve you better than none." Bard stated.

"We paid for weapons, iron forged swords and axes." One dwarf boomed.

"It's a joke." Another added. Angrily.

"You won't find better outside the city armory. All iron forged weapons are kept under lock and key." Bard finished. Thea raised an eyebrow. This wasn't going to end well.

I don't really know about the Legolas thing. Just a little more of Thea's past for you. The rest of it is kind of a filler. Sorry. Actual action next chapter. Have a happy new year! Vote, comment (please) xD.