15

Thranduil watched Thea hug Bilbo Baggins, the burglar from the company of Thorin Oakenshield. She had to kneel down to hug the hobbit and it made him smile. They were leaving to go back to Mirkwood that day and although Thea was looking forward to going home she was going to miss many of the people she had met here.

Of course this wasn't going to be the last time they saw each other, But that was going to be quite an adventure.

Thea turned around smiling slightly at Thranduil as she made her way over to him.

"Ready?" He asked, his hand resting on the neck of a dappled horse standing next to him.

"Absolutely." Thea said simply pulling herself up onto the horse. Thranduil pulled himself up behind her.

"Shouldn't I be sitting in front." He whispered.

"No." Thea said, kicking the horse and charging out of Erebor.

***

It was hours later and they were riding through the last few miles of unpopulated woods.

"Do you have any family?" Thranduil asked suddenly.

"No. Not anymore." Thea said. "They're all dead by now. They have to be. The human side, well humans don't live that long. And it's been 4,000 years since I last saw the elven side. They would have sailed to the undying lands by now. My parents are definitely dead. They were killed by orcs  a few hundred years before they captured me. Why they didn't kill me I will never know." The answer was spouted off quickly like it didn't matter. "My brother, my brother could be alive but if he was smart he would have sailed too. But I wouldn't go back for him now. He probably doesn't remember me."

Thea looked down. She had never mentioned a brother before and it surprised Thranduil for some reason. It also hurt him that she had no family. At least he had Legolas.

"I'll be you're family now." He said into her shoulder.

"I know." Thea said. "Speaking of family how will Legolas take all this. I'm pretty sure he hates me."

"I'm sure he doesn't. And anyway he's never met you like this. Or seen you as anything but a servant." Thranduil said thinking of his son. Legolas was gone by now. Roaming through the wilderness to find a ranger. All alone. "Thea..." He started.

"Please, my full name is Theodosia." She said.

"Theodosia." He muttered. "That's... Different. But I like it."

Thranduil hugged her from the back. "You were never really just a servant you know. You were always my friend.

"It's funny." Thea said. "Because everyone sees you as a cold and deadly King but you're actually quite nice."

"It's funny because up until a few weeks ago I saw you as cold and deadly. Perhaps even colder than me."

"Colder." Theodosia said smiling. "Colder than the King."

And end scene. Thanks everyone for reading the last real chapter of this book. The epilogue will be up soon. I won't say much more now but be prepared for an awfully long authors note on the epilogue.

Vote, comment, xD.