9

The picture above is kinda creepy... sorry. But this will be a fun chapter I promise.

Bard led the refugees of lake town into the ruins of Dale. Startling the dwarves inside of Erebor and provoking Thorin further to the worry unbeknownst dwarves. The people spread out into the standing buildings in the city. Bard's children had carried Thea all the way around the lake. Nothing had deterred them. Even the sacrifice of their own belongings. Now they found a small, surprisingly furnished building on the edge of the destroyed city.

"Bain I didn't think this through." Sigrid announced.

"Really?" Bain said raising an eyebrow. He had been landed with the job of carrying Thea most of the way because the woman traveling with them had deemed it unfit for Sigrid to carry her, as delirious as they were because they had been doing many "unfit" things at the time. He thought this a very unthought out plan and had every intention of showing it.

"Yes Bain." Sigrid continued, unfazed. "None of us know how to treat wounds. There is a very limited amount we can do for her."

"Sigrid!" Bain said angrily. "What were you thinking?"

"About repayment. And Bain so were you. As much as I can take the blame you have so too. You convinced father. He only listens to you."

"I suppose... I can see what we can do for her. We can go ask around." Bain sighed. His sister was right and he hated it.

***
The next morning Thranduil and his companions arrived. There was much rejoicing among the people but Thranduil just searched each face he passed.

"Thank you your majesty. We are forever in you debt." Bard said from beside him.

"Your gratitude is misplaced my friend. For there are gems in that mountain I too desire. I also come searching. There is one I look for by the name if Thea. She was in your town the day Smaug attacked. Have you heard of her?" Thranduil asked. As he spoke his voice become softer.

His amount of sincerity surprised Bard.

"Indeed I have. I believe my children carried her here because she saved their lives. Here... Sigrid!" Bard yelled instantly taking advantage of the fact that his daughter was walking by. She was carrying a large cabbage. "I'll take that." Bard started, pulling the vegetable from her arms. "Please take King Thranduil to Thea. I trust she made the journey alright?" Sigrid's face dropped a bit and Thranduil's heart skipped a beat.

"Alright Father." Sigrid said but she was disappointed in the task she had been assigned.

"Thank you." Thranduil said to Bard nodding his thanks. As he walked away he could only think about the things Thea made him do. Crazy things. Like thanking a human and running off from his kingdom and loving her.

***

She was laying with her back to him because her wound was on her side. This annoyed Thranduil slightly because he couldn't see her face but he was quickly distracted by her wound. It had been wrapped and mended to the best of the lake town people's ability and Thranduil had no intention of touching their healing job. So he sat and waited for her to wake up. He remembered the last time he had watched her sleep. In the cave right after she had saved. Her breath hitched and he watched her move just slightly as she woke up.

"I love you." He said quickly. Just another one of those crazy things she could make him do.

"What?" Thea asked. Because she hadn't heard him, not because she was surprised.

"Thea." He said and she turned over onto her back. Thranduil stood from the wooden chair he had been sitting in. "I love you."

"Really?" She asked. Instead of an answer he leaned down and kissed her.

He didn't give her any time to react. Just pressed his lips against hers. It was a short kiss, only a few seconds. Then he walked out of the small building followed by her laughter. A sound that made him so happy he was embarrassed.

Just another one of the crazy things she made him do.

Happy Valentines Day everyone. I just thought this was the perfect chapter for today. A fun fact for you about Bard's children is that the actresses playing Tilda and Sigrid were sisters but the actor playing Bain was not related to them.

Also this is the song I choose for this book.

Alright my Mellon's go have a great day. Get out there and love your friends and family and maybe that person who makes you do crazy things. Vote, comment, xD.