13

ohhh It's chapter 13 how unlucky...

Thea felt like she was drowning. It wasn't a painful feeling but she wanted nothing more than to escape it. It felt like it lasted centuries but it could have only lasted a few minutes, or seconds because she could see Bilbo talking next to her. And the hobbit had not sat there for a millennium. She wanted to sleep but as she closed her eyes she could see Bilbo's panic and Thea assumed that she shouldn't sleep. But it was too late now. She fell into a darkness that felt like a blanket, which couldn't be true because darkness isn't an object. Everything was so confusing now. The darkness disappeared and was replaced by an opposite, the opposite of darkness, light. Two figures stood in it. They were perfectly etched against the bright background. One was an elvish woman with thick brown hair and a green dress. The other was a man, a human. He was tall with hazel eyes and blonde hair.

"Mother. Father." Thea said, using the English words instead of the elvish ones.

"Hello Theodosia." The elvish woman answered. Thea stared at them for a moment. Nobody had called her that in years. In fact she was pretty sure that nobody alive even knew her full name.

"What even is this? How are you here?"

"We're not. We're all in your head. Theodosia you cannot yet go to the other side. There are people who need you here. And you need people. Do not push him away." The elvish woman said.

"How in all of the valar do you know that?"

"Because it's all in your head. So you already know." The man said. Thea screamed through her teeth in frustration. "You know how you feel child."

Thea breathed deeply. It's all in your head. That means anything they say is what you're thinking. It's all in your head.

And it was. A hallucination. Maybe even a dream.

***

Thea jerked to attention. She sat up in bed before even opening her eyes. The snapped open a second later. Just catching everyone jumping back as she quickly woke. Thranduil, and Bilbo stared at her.

"Theodosia." She muttered shaking her head. Then she closed her eyes, leaning forward slightly, as a wave of pain hit her.

"Thea." Thranduil said, moving back towards her. He put a hand on her shoulder.

"Is Thorin alive? She asked, not looking at Thranduil.

" Yes. But you're the one who killed Azog." Thranduil said.

"Good he's dead. I'm glad I got to kill him." She said still looking down.

"Your wound has been stitched up to avoid it becoming infected. You should be alright but after you fell asleep we were all thought that you wouldn't wake up." Bilbo said.

"I thought so too." Thea said and Thranduil's hand tightened in her shoulder and she reached up to put her hand on top of his. His grip relaxed. Bilbo looked tired, thoroughly exhausted down to his bones and Thea came to the conclusion that he hadn't rested since she passed out. "Bilbo, you can go rest. As you said I'll be alright."

"I suppose." The hobbit muttered looking grateful to able to leave and Thea realized that he had seen so much more today than he had in his life.

"Go on." Before Bilbo left he reached up and, to her surprise hugged Thea. She hugged him back and Thranduil let go of her shoulder.

Thranduil sat down on the bed next to her and Thea ran a hand through her matted hair. Unlike a full elf, her hair actually got messed up.

"I'm sorry." Thranduil said quietly and Thea finally looked at him. "I shouldn't have done that to you. Kissed you. I put you in a horrible position." Thea could see that saying the words "I'm sorry" pained him.

She watched him for a second and realized the look of actual care in his eyes. The way he looked at his son and so far no one else. Thea could see how much he cared about her. And something broke because no one had cared in a long time.

And Thea hugged him. Something that had never happened before. And he hugged her too.

"I thought you were dead." Thranduil said, looking directly into her eyes.

"This is going to sound absolutely crazy but I love you too. I know I left and... Other things but I didn't understand what I was feeling. Now I do." Thea said and the pair just looked at each other.

Then Thranduil kissed her and she kissed him back. It was short kiss. Like that first one.

"You should sleep. You'll heal but you lost alot of blood today." Thranduil said, smiling slightly before leaving the tent that Thea's cot was in.

Wow that was awkward. But wouldn't it be awkward? I'm trying to make it more realistic. Did it even work or was it just bad? Please let me know in the comments.

Vote, Comment, xD