Chapter Seventeen

-
-
-
Me and Brianna were walking for what felt like hours.
When actually it was only fifteen minutes.
"Are we nearly there yet Hollie?" Bri moaned.
"Look, I don't have a clue where we are going and I definitely don't know how long it is going to take before we find somewhere to stay."
We walked for another five minutes before we finally found a place to sleep for the night.
We pushed open the door to 'Ashley's Place' and a bell rang.
We were welcomed by a smiley face.
"Hello! I'm Ashley, welcome to My Place!" Her smile made me feel very welcome.
"Hi, I'm Brianna. This is my sister Hollie, we have run away."
"We have not run away Brianna! We are on our way to see them remember?!" I pinched her arm.
She wasn't supposed to spread the word! For all we know, our face could be plastered over the front of all the local papers!
Ashley threw back her head and laughed at Brianna. Then she looked at me and winked.
"Well my dears, you are very welcome here. Are you wanting a room? Or are you wanting a meal?"
I didn't even realise this was a resteraunt too.
"We actually came to have a room please," I said.
"Okay, no problem."
She tapped away at the keyboard, "Did you want to pay now or at the end of your stay?"
I thought, would I be able to afford it? Would we be able to run away before we've paid?
"Can we pay after?"
"Sure!" She grabbed a key and lead us up a flightn of stairs.
-
-
-
After we unpacked and settled down in our room, I pulled out the parcels Caleb gave us.
I handed one to Brianna and kept one for myself.
Brianna's gift was a lot bigger than mine, but I didn't mind.
"Yayy!" Brianna shouted.
"What did he get you Bri?" I said, turning to face her.
She held up a long T-shirt and trousers with Peppa Pig printed on them.
"Oh wow Brianna!" I gasped.
She got changed out of her clothes and into her new ones.
I tucked her into bed and kissed hern goodnight.
As I was delicately pulling the tape of my parcel, I heard my phone vibrate.
I switched it on and answered it.
"Hello?" I asked, curiously.
"Hi Hollie,"
How does this person know my name? And how did they get my number?!
"Who is this?!" I answered, worriedly,
"Oh sorry, it's Caleb."
I sighed a huge sigh of relief and a smile crept across my face.
"

And what are you wanting Caleb?" I giggled.
"Can we meet?"
My jaw dropped.
"Caleb, I don't know. What would I do with Brianna? I wouldn't want her knowing that we were meeting," I stared over to my little sister.
She was fast asleep.
"Wait, I have an idea Cal,"
"What is it?"
"Let's meet now! Right now, round the back of Al's Chippy."
I hung up so he couldn't say no.
I kissed Brianna gently on the forehead and grabbed my black Tee-Boy hoodie.
I locked her into the room and shoved the key into my pocket.
-
-
-
I jumped up on to the wall behind Al's and turned on my phone.
There was a text waiting for me. I received it ten minutes ago, I must of not heard it go off.

----------
Caleb: On my way.
Might be a while,
Just shutting up
B&B.
from C xx
----------

I quickly tapped a reply.

-----------
Me: That's okay,
Only just got here.
Al's chippy smells
good! :)
love H xx
-----------

I switched it off and twiddled my thumbs.
About ten minutes went by before I finally saw sight of somebody.
"Caleb!" I called.
"Shh! We're not supposed to be here," Caleb laughed.
"I got worried thinking you weren't going to turn up!"
"Of course I was going to turn up! I couldn't miss seeing my favorite girl could I! Talking about girls, where's Brianna?" He sounded concerned.
"Oh don't worry, she's asleep back at where we are staying. She loved her pyjamas by the way!"
Caleb smiled, "Did you like your present?"
I gasped. After all the excitement of seeing Caleb, I forgot to open it.
"Didn't you like it?" He frowned.
"It's not that I don't like it, I just forgot to open it."
"Don't worry, It's okay. I hope you like it , when you open it." He put his arm around my shoulder.
I looked up at him and smiled.
"What's the time?" I suddenly gasped.
"It's only half seven Hollie," He said.
"Look, Caleb, I better go. I don't want Brianna to wake up and see me gone, she wouldn't know what to do."
"Then let me come with you, I can just shut down the B&B. Come on, we've known each other for so long."
I know your thinking, You have only known each other since you met at the B&B, your wrong!
We first met when our mum's were friends. They used to do everything together, shopping, spa days, nail salon! They would leave me and Caleb at home to play together. Some people used to say they were joined at the hip. That was until everything went down hill. Caleb's mum got ill, she got sent into hospital and never came out. She died a week after Caleb's 7th birthday. I don't remember much as I was only 3.
After she passed away, we moved away to a village three hours away. We only moved back four years ago and that's when I met Sophie.
"I don't know Caleb, your B&B is your life! Once you come with us, you can't just quit and carry on with life. We don't have a home! We don't have any money!" I broke down into a flood of tears.
He kissed my tears away and stroked my hair.
"Caleb West does not quit!" He exclaimed, "And I would never quit on my best friend."
-
-
-
Caleb is such a cutie, OMG !
-
Comment what you think will happen next.
-
xox