Freeze

"Freeze!" The cop yelled as he hopped out of the car.

Wes and I put our hands up and he approached us. "Officer I live here." I said when he was close enough to hear.

"Sure ya do. Then why are you outside?" The officer asked now standing right in front of us.

"I forgot my keys inside before I left." I explained.

"Do you have proof you live here?" The officer asked.

"Proof?" I asked.

"Like your drivers license or something." He prompted.

I nodded but then remembered I hadn't taken my purse. "Actually no I don't. It's inside in my wallet."

"Alright then, how about you pretty boy? Got any ID on you?" The officer looked at Wes who was trying not to laugh.

"Yeah," he rifled through his pockets retrieving it. "Here ya go."

"Stromberg! Ha, I should've known." The cop laughed. "Surprised I didn't find you at Chadwick's party earlier."

Before I could stop myself I did something I rarely ever do. I kind of lied. "He's been with me all night." I said.

The cop glanced at me. "What'd you say that your name was?"

"Heather Verona." I smiled. "You can call my mom at work. You can knock on the neighbors doors. I swear I live here. I just locked myself out."

"Alright here's the deal."the cop rubbed his balding head and handed Wes his ID back. "I don't care who was where tonight and who lives here. Just find someplace to stay out of trouble. If I have to come back I'm taking you both downtown."

"Yes officer." I nodded politely as Wes scoffed.

As the officer shot him a warning look I elbowed him in the ribs. Wes glared at me then sighed. "Yes sir." Wes added sarcastically.

The cop got in his car and started down the street. Wesley cocked his head to glare at me again. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the edge of the porch.

"What now? This never happens to me." I groaned.

Wes chuckled. "Yeah because you never have any fun. Thanks for covering for me though. Not that it was very convincing. You're a horrible liar."

"It wasn't technically a lie." I looked up at the sky realizing it was probably well past two in the morning.

"You can stay with me. I promise that I'll bring you home tomorrow." Wes said gesturing for me to follow him as he stepped off the porch.

"Maybe that's-" he cut me off.

"I'm trying to be nice please don't make it difficult." I huffed and slid into the passenger seat of his car. "Oh so I can drive now?"

"You seem fine to me." I shrugged.

Wes smiled. "Keys?"

I handed him his keys and crossed my arms. That's when I realized I still had on his jacket. I guess I was kind of being a bitch. He was letting me stay with him and he'd given me his coat when I was cold, and here I was being rude to him. I spent the short drive to his house staring out the window trying not to fall asleep.

When we got to his house he parked in the garage. "Quiet when we go in. My mom will flip if I wake her up this late."

I nodded and let him lead me inside. Through the dark he navigated me around furniture and up stairs without stumbling too noisily. Inside his room he turned on the lights.

It was like being in a lions den. Not the sex toy store! More like the predatory animals sleeping place. Anyway, the room had light blue walls and black carpet. It was messy like I'd imagined and the bed was unmade. He had a guitar leaning against one if the dressers and band posters covering the walls.

"I'll sleep on the floor." Wes said handing me a tshirt and some sweatpants. "You can change in the bathroom over there."

I took the clothes and nodded. "Thanks for letting me stay. I feel like a dick making you sleep in the floor though."

He shrugged. "It's fine."

I didn't argue. I went to the bathroom and stripped out of my dress. Then changed into the clothes Wes gave me. I pulled my hair up with a tie that was around my wrist and washed my face.

Once I walked back into the bedroom I noticed two things. One was that Wes was not in the floor. The second was that he was in the bed and very asleep.

I could be a bitch and wake him up to make him move. Sadly though I'm honestly just too tired. Plus, he was nice enough to let me stay. My ass is not sleeping in the floor though. He can scoot over.