True Lies

I've said before that I hate telling lies. When it comes to Wesley though it seems that for him I'd lie to anyone. He makes me into someone I never knew I was and it scares me kind of. Hell, it terrifies me that he can get me to do things without even thinking.

I was lounging on the couch with Brooke on Monday since I was suspended and she was still excused for her head injury. We watched some tv and we talked about what Emily had said about Wes. Since Brooke was all on the Wesley Stromberg bandwagon she was pissed at Em too. Around three o'clock my front door opened and slammed shut. I got up and found Wesley leaning on the door panting with blood dripping down his face.

"What the hell Wesley!" I sounded like my mother. "Jesus you're bleeding."

He rolled his eyes and pushed off the door locking it behind him. "I didn't know where else to go Heather."

"Is your leg okay? You're kinda limping."

He sat next to Brooke and leaned his head back looking pained. "I think I twisted my ankle on the run here."

"What the fuck happened?" Brooke demanded looking at all the blood on his shirt and hands.

"The bloods not all mine. That dick Kale was at the park running his mouth about Heather and Adam showed up. He started talking shit about how he wanted to fight me. Then," He rolled his shirt up showing off a nice deep cut on his stomach. "The fucker stabbed me because he couldn't beat me fair and square, even though they had me out numbered. Assholes."

Brooke shook her head. "You need stitches Wes."

I nodded kneeling in front if him. "You should've went to the hospital."

"Well I was skateboarding and didn't feel like I could make it that far. Sorry for intruding!" He snapped at me.

"Slow your roll Drama Queen!" I shoved his shoulder making him wince. "I can take you."

"Well Heather why not just keep him here. Your mom should be home any minute." Brooke suggested softly.

Wes must have seen my eyes widen. My mom wouldn't be mad but I still don't really want this to be how she sees Wesley. He started to object but it was already too late. I heard Mom's car pull in out front.

"I can go." Wes laid his hand over mine on his knee.

I looked up at him and sighed. The blood was still running out of where Adam had stabbed him and dripping down his face. "No, please stay. She'll help you."

He thought on it then nodded. "Okay then, if you're sure."

Mom came in and was talking until she rounded the corner. She saw Wes and the blood and rushed into the room.

"What the hell happened?" She asked.

Wes told her a way more detailed version than Brooke and I had gotten. Mom sent me to get some stuff from her car and she started cleaning Wes up. I was going to leave the room and give him some privacy but before I could go he grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight.

Brooke winked at me as she slowly made her way to her room. Wes held my hand the whole time my mom stitches him up. When she finished she told Wes he should call the cops.

"With all due respect ma'am the cops and I don't I've the best relationship so I don't think they'll do much for me here." Wes said pulling his blood stained shirt back on.

Mom shook her head. "Well then I'll call them. It's ridiculous that you got stabbed for standing up for two girls pretty much."

Wes cut his eyes to me and smiled. "The girls are well worth it. Honestly I think we should leave the cops out of it."

Mom did as he asked and didn't call the cops. She went to take a shower and left us alone. Wes leaned back on the couch and closed his eyes.

"How bad off are they?" I asked.

He smirked. "Worse than me."

"I figured that's why you didn't want her to call the cops." I sighed. "If anyone asks you were here all afternoon with me and Brooke."

"Thank you." He nodded and opened his eyes looking at me. "I'm sorry I bolted yesterday Heather."

I cocked my head to the side. "What do you mean?"

"In your room, I thought you wanted me to kiss you?" He asked. "I figured you regret it though so I left."

The rejection flooded me a second time but I shook it off. "Why would I want you to kiss me?"

He shrugged. "Beats the hell out of me Heather. You and I both know I'm not good enough for a girl like you."

His words caught me off guard. "What's that supposed to mean Wesley?"

"It means what I said Heather. I'm not good enough for you an I know it." He said seriously. "You're all prim and proper an I just showed up at your door because I got stabbed. We live in different worlds."

"So? What if I did want you to kiss me Wesley? You wouldn't have done it because you think you're not good enough?"

"Exactly." He said.

I rolled my eyes and stood up. "That's bullshit and we both know it."

"It's the truth."

I shook my head. "It's as true as me saying I didn't want it to happen Wes." Then before he could talk or I could cry, I stomped off down the hall to my room. I heard Wesley leave slamming the door, but he better know he wasn't the first man to run out on me. My dad beat him to it a very long time ago. It still hurts that he didn't want to even talk about this though. I must be crazy to think a guy like him would want me.