Chapter 7

Hopefully i can make this one longer than one page.  Anyways enjoy this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 7

      Rose moved away from cody and put the bridle on Lucky and helg onto the reins as she waited for cody to saddle up cowboy.

     "can you take any longer?"  she asked teasingly to him and chuckled to herself and walked into the tack room and grabbed cowboys bridle.  she stepped out and walked over to cody and handed the bridle to him.

    "well sorry rose its been a while since i saddled up a horse"  he said back to her as she brought the bridle over to him.  He put the bridle on and smiled.  "want some help getting on?"

    "nope i can handle it"  rose spoke and after that she stepped to luckys neck and put the reins over luckys head and she grabbed luckys mane and swung herself up onto luckys back,  "it took practice but i finally mastered it"  she smiled as she waited for cody.

     cody mounted cowboy and she led the way around the ranch.  she showed him the cabins were the stable hands would stay and the chores they did.  she led him down the fence line to the edge of the trees as she remembered seeing jake there and a slight growl came from the back of her throat and it surprised her and her looked around hoping cody didnt hear her.

     rose smiled,  "want to race?"

     "sure but im sure ill win"

     "cocky are we?  haha id like to see you win.  ok to the other side of the pature"  she said pointing towards the other side of the pasture,  "and back"

     "ok"

     "READY, SET,.....GO!!!!!"   both lucky and cowboy bolted towards the otherside of the pasture and rose slowed lucky as they neared the fance and turned her toward the oppisit direction with cody right behind her on cowboy.

     she finished just a few inches ahead of cowboy and cody.

     "told you!!"

    "yeah so"  he said grumbling

     "aww is someone being a sore looser?"  she said chuckling.  out of no were a wolf pounced and pushed rose off lucky and onto the ground.  lucky took off running and cowboy reared up.  cody jumped  off  cowboy and hid as he shifted to a wolf and rammed the wolf off of rose and fought with the wolf.

     'leave her alone!'  he spoke to the wolf through thought as he held down the other wolf and he looked at rose,  "RUN!!"

     rose hopped on cowboy and galloped him back to the barn and put him in his stall with the saddle on it and she quickly ran out and grabbed lucky and took her into her stall as well.  rose and and shut the big main door and latched it shut.

     when she finally calmed down and came to her senses she realized the second wolf spoke to her and she was shocked as she thought back to what happened and realized,  "wheres cody?"  she mumbbled to herself.

     rose went out the side door of the barn and ran towards where the wolf attacked her and only saw obe wolf there.  it was the second wolf and she approched it slowly. 

     "are you alright?"  she asked the wolf and he turned towards her.

     "yes im fine, are you?"  rose's eyes widend and she felt light headed so she sat down.

     "a-am i dreaming?"

     "nope your not"  he stepped towards her and walked behind her and laid down.  when he laid behind her his back was as tall as her sitting there and she laid back feeling safe with him for some reason.

     "who are you?  whats your name?"

     "you already know my name.. think about it"

    she sat there silent then sat up and turned to face him.  her eyes went straight to his and they were the same yellow golden color as codys and his name came to her mind. 

    "c-cody?"

     "yeah?"  he looked at her.  her face was frightend,  "dont worry i wont hurt you.. this is going to sound weird to you but your father was a werewolf, he passed his genes onto you when you were born.  that is what i am, a werewolf, and thats what you are.  i have been able to change since the age of 5 same with the other males,  the females are inable to change until they find there mate, and thats what you are, you are my mate."

     rose looked shocked as she took in everything he said.  "how long is it til the girl changes after meeting her mate?"

    "its unsually right after they find there mates, and for the first time of shifting it will hurt like hell.  you will be changing soon."

    rose looked up at cody and her muscles started to ache and she could feel her bones twisting and bening and her hands turned to huge paws and her eyes changed to codys yellow golden eyes.  she whimppered in pain as she laid there her body trembling and as she finished shifting she passed out because of the pain.

     cody got up and laid next to rose and licked her fur that was an almost blinding white.  his fur color was black and white.   (a/n:   ill post a picture)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hopefully this chapter is longer.  ill update soon.  Roses picture is on the side.