chapter six

"Bye mom," Connor, Brandon, and Nicola all called out in unison. "See you next week!" It was not the end of the week, meaning it was time for the kids to go to their fathers house for a week.

 Connor hated going to his dads house. It's not that he hates his father, it's Kathy - his stepmom. Kathy was, as Brandon described her, the reincarnation on the Devil. Whenever Peter isn't around, all hell breaks loose, and Connor absolutely hates it. Whenever he tries to tell his father that his new wife is fucking crazy, she denies everything. 

Connor really does hate it, and since he's 18, he has the choice of which house he want's to go to. If he really wanted to, he could spend all of his time with his mom, Nicola too, but they stay on the same schedule for the sake of Brandon.  They would hate themselves for making Brandon go through this hell without them. 

As soon as they walk into the door, they're face with a list of chores they must complete, this list is as following;

Brandon:

- Empty diswasher

- Dust

Connor: 

- Wash dishes

- Clean living room

Nicola:

- Vacuum

- Clean windows

All the children groaned in unison as they read over the list. All they want is to be able to relax and get their stuff situated for the week, but instead they must do chores. They all knew that this was Kathy's doing, Kathy hated them. 

As Brandon unloaded the dishwasher, Connor started straightening up the living room. He had put on music to make the cleaning process just a tad more enjoyable. As he danced around to songs by Oh Wonder and LANY, he cleaned, paying more attention to the music than the actual cleaning itself. 

 As soon as Brandon was done with the dishwasher, Connor had begun loading the dishwasher up. The sink was piled with dishes, making Connor almost certain that they only clean dishes when the kids were here, that way Peter or Kathy wouldn't have to do it themselves. 

--

After all the chores were completed, the children all retreated back into their room to do their own thing. Nicola was cleaning her room, Connor was on tumblr, and Brandon was studying for the upcoming school year. 

Soon, the sound of the front door opening and closing was heard throughout the house, Connor sucked in his breath. All kids slowly got up from where they were and walked to their bedroom doors, slowly opening it up. 

The all stuck their heads out, looking at each other and waiting for Kathy to say something from downstairs. 

Just as they thought they were clear, they heard the dreadful woman call none other than Connor. Connor tensed at the sound, biting his lip and closing his eyes. His siblings gave him sympathetic looks as he made his way to the stairwell, slowly making his way down the stairs.

"Connor! You didn't clean all the dishes! You left my coffee mug sitting out next to the coffee pot!" She exclaimed, shoving the mug into Connors hands. "Why can't you do something as simple as cleaning the dishes?" She questioned, as Connor turned on the water to rinse the cup and place it inside the dishwasher. 

"I-I'm sorry" Connor apologized, truly scared by the women.

"It's okay for now, now go back upstairs and finish doing whatever you were doing, your father will be home soon." Connor nodded and quickly closed the dishwasher, basically running back to the stairs. As soon as he made it upstairs, he darted into Nicola's room, seeking comfort from his sister. 

"She's a bitch" Nicola whispered, patting the spot next to her on her bed for Connor to sit. 

"Tell me about it," Connor laughed "what is up with people being assholes lately?" This has been Connors second encounter with someone treating another person like shit within the past 2 days. First it was Joey, now Kathy.

"Why? Who else is being an asshole?" Nicola asked, laughing with Connor. 

"Troye's boyfriend," Connor explained. "Like, he ditched Troye at the nose piercing, then he said he wanted to apologize, so he took us out for lunch." 

"That doesn't sound that ba-"

"Listen, though, we went to a Thai restaurant and Troye hates Thai food. Joey then said that Troye and him eat it all the time, but Troye explained that they never get it."

"Joey who?" Nicola asked, suddenly becoming more interested. 

"Graceffa, I think." Nicola shifted uncomfortably, but told Connor to continue on with the story, so he did. He explained everything from the bill to how it's a one sided relationship, and Nicola listened. 

"That's low" Nicola sighed, wrapping her brother into a hug. Connor is the most down to earth person she knows, so she always feels bad whenever Connor has a bad day. 

"Yeah, and like, I know he's not really my friend, but I can't help but worry about him, you know?" Nicola, smiling, just nodded her head at Connor's response, asking him to elaborate as to why he, in fact, is worried about Troye. 

"It just seems like Joey is a player, and I can tell troye really likes him," Connor started. "Like, i think Troye wanted something more serious whereas Joey was looking for a fling, I'm scared Joey is going to emotionally hurt Troye." 

"I thought you hated Troye" Nicola smirked, she knew Connor didn't hate Troye, she just was trying to get him to admit it out loud. 

"I, no I don't." Connor sighed, defeated. "I like him, i guess" 

"So, like, you want to be his friend?" Nicola questioned, smiling because she had gotten Connor to admit that he didn't hate Troye. 

"I," he started, his face dropping down to look at his hands. "No, Nicola, I think I like, you know, 'like- like' him." He confessed, putting airquotes around the words 'like-like.' 

However, as soon as the words left his mouth, both he and Nicola were both shocked. Nicola didn't think Connor liked Troye this much, and neither did Connor. Yet, it made sense. 

__

A/N 

lol this is short byyyeeeee