chapter ten

The next day came sooner than Connor would've liked. He didn't have time to prepare when and where he'd be telling Troye, nor did he have time to prepare what the fuck he was even going to say to the poor boy.

Connor was completely and utterly screwed.

And before he knew it, Connor was pulling into Troye's driveway, waiting to pick the boy up. The entire trip to the mall was such a last minute decision that Nicola couldn't come, so Connor brought his best friend, Hannah, instead.

In hindsight, Connor probably should've informed Hannah about the Troye and Joey situation, but it was too late now. Troye was already in the car.

"Hey Beth," Troye greeted as he got inside the car followed by the greeting of everybody else. "Thanks for picking me up, Con, but seriously, I could've driven myself. I got my car back yesterday."

Con. Connor liked the way that sounded coming from Troye. It made him feel happy, giddy almost. Troye must be one special dude in order to make Connor feel this way.

"It's easier this way," Connor smiled, putting the car into reverse and pulling out of the driveway. The car ride was silent for the most part. Bethany was looking out the window, drumming along to the music Troye was humming while texting - who Connor presumed to be Joey, and Hannah was texting Ingrid, stopping every now and then to make small talk with Connor.

Once they had gotten to a red light, Connor looked in the rear view mirror, and his smile fell as soon as he saw Troye's sad expression. connor was going to ask Troye about it, but he didn't want to cause a scene.

The light turned green and they were off again, the closer the car got to the mall, the closer Connor was to exposing Joey to Troye. He wasn't ready for this at all.

__

They managed to go into many shops, including Lush, Urban Outfitters, and some cute little shops here and there. Then they came across a Victorias Secret.

"Come on guys!" Hannah called, motioning for Troye and Connor to follow her and Beth into the shop.

"No, I'm alright," Troye laughed, taking a step back to sit on the nearby bench.

"Awe, come on!" Bethany whined, pulling her puppy dog face. "I bet two teenage boys would love to spend their time looking at women and bras!

"No these homosexual teenagers," Connor retaliated, taking a seat next to Troye. "Have fun!" Bethany rolled her eyes and walked into the store with Hannah in tow.

Connor turned to start a conversation with Troye, but immediately stopped his actions as he saw Troyes frown forming on his face.

"You okay?" Connor asked, catching the attention of the Aussie.

"What? Yeah...It's just..." Troye sighed, not finishing his sentence.

"Joey?" Connor asked, coming to a conclusion for the boy.

"Yeah," He sighed. "He cancelled our plans tonight. He has some sort of family thing." Connor just nodded, not knowing what to tell Troye. The thoughts of all the secrets Joey was keeping from Troye made Connor's blood boil. Nobody deserved this shitty treatment.

"why are you so upset? This surely isn't the first time he ditched you, right?" Troye only nodded.

"It was just," Troye took a deep breath. "I was going to tell him that I, I think I love him."

Connor's eyes widened at the same time as his heart shattered. Not only is his crush in love, he's in love with a no good, cheating douche bag.

"Oh God, it's a bad idea, isn't it?" Troye panicked, cracking his knuckles. Connor shook away the pain and began talking again.

"well, I'm just, are you sure you love him?" Connor questioned, trying everything in his power to maybe try to get Troye to think twice about this. Not only would this be the best option for Connor, but it's also the best option for Troye.

"I mean, yeah. He cares for me and I care for him. I know he'd take a bullet for me, and I return that. That's love, right?" Connor wanted to scream out to Troye that he was wrong. He wanted to tell Troye that love, love was stupid.

He wanted to tell Troye that it might seem like love to him, but it probably isn't. He wanted to tell him that his parents were the exact same way - now look at them. Cheryl cheated on Peter with Tony, now they're divorced and remarried.

Connor couldn't help but compare that situation to the current situation. In this case, Joey is Cheryl (only more of a dick), Daniel is Tony, and Troye is Peter.

After Peter and Cheryl fell in love, exchanged vows, and declared each other the love of their lives, Cheryl went and cheated on Peter (only a few knew of this).

Peter was heartbroken. Sad. Devastated. And then remarried to a monster.

Connor didn't want Troye to turn into Peter. Connor wanted Troye to find somebody worthy of his love.

He wanted to tell Troye that maybe, maybe love was fake. But maybe, just maybe, if love is real, it requires the right person.

Connor may not know what love is, or if it's real for that matter, but what Connor did know was that Joey was not the right person for Troye to be falling in love with. Troye would only end up hurt in the end, just like Connor's father was.

But instead of spilling his heart, Connor only replied with a two word sentence. "I guess."

After that, Bethany and Hannah walked out of the store, each had a new bag in their hands. Bethany grabbed Connor's arm and pulled him to the side.

"He looks upset," Bethany commented. "Did you tell him?"

Connor sighed, starting to explain that he didn't - however Troye interrupted

"Tell me what?" he inquired, looking over at the two with a curious expression on his face.

"I uh, that uh-" Bethany and Connor both attempted to come up with suggestions, but they were soon cut off by Hannah pointing in a different direction and asking Troye a question.

"Hey, isn't that Joey?" All three heads snapped over to the direction Hannah was pointing to. Connor and Bethany's eyes widened as they noticed who he was with.

Daniel.

"Oh hey!" Troye smiled, turning back to Bethany and Connor - his back facing Joey and Daniel. "I guess he wasn't lying about his family thing, I think that's his cousin. Not sure though."

"They seem extremely close for cousins, Troye." Hannah stated, standing right behind Bethany and Connor. All three of them were facing Daniel and Joey.

"Yeah, they might have a close bond or something," Troye explained, smiling at the three.

"Well their definition of 'a close bond' is defiantly different than mine and my cousins." Hannah stated, eyes widening at the scene in front of her.

Connor stayed still, his heart rapidly beating and breaking at the same time. Bethany was to shocked to move.

"What do you mean?" Troye inquired, slowly turning around to see what everybody was staring at. "oh."

__

Thank you all for 10k reads! That's insane!

Hope you'e all enjoying the story.

Twitter: frantafeelsWP

Love you Lovies xx