chapter twenty five

Many days had passed since Connor and Troye last talked, and Bethany was getting annoyed.

Whenever Troye and Bethany hung out, Troye would always manage to find a way to change the topic to Connor. "Connor this, Connor that." It was a never ending cycle.

And same went for Connor. Nicola would attempt to hold a conversation with her brother, but would ultimately fail because he's either: A) texting Troye or B) talking about Troye.

The thing that really got them annoyed was the fact that their relationship status' still haven't changed. (Well Troye, of course, broke up with Joey, but that was about it).

They were determined to do something about that.

--

"Beth, I need to talk to you," Nicola established, walking into her step-sisters room. Bethany looked of from her computer, smiling up at Nicola before shutting the device.

"Hmm?"

"Are you up to date with the whole Connor and Troye situation?"  Nicola asked, taking a seat next to Bethany on her bed.

"I'm familiar with what's going on, yes. Troye and I talk almost every night." She explained. "Not to mention I was home during their discussion yesterday, and practically heard everything."  She confessed, a smile spreading across her face. Nicola started laughing at her step-sister.

"So do you agree with me when I say we need to set them up on a date since they're too scared to ask each other?"

"oh fuck yeah, what's your plan?"

---

That night, Bethany invited Troye out for dinner. Nicola did the same for Connor. Each of them were clueless as to what was going on.

Troye agreed to go to lunch, and so did Connor. However, Troye made sure that he would go see Connor before he went out to dinner with Bethany. They haven't seen each other in days.

They missed each other.

By the time Troye had arrived to Connor's, Nicola and Bethany had already left to set up the boys date for tonight.

As soon as Connor heard the knock on his front door, he bolted up from his bed and ran to the door.

When he opened it, he was greeted by a smiling Troye. Needless to say they waisted no time wrapping each other up in a hug.

"Meet me up in my room, I'm gonna go get some snacks for us," Connor said, moving out of the way so Troye could walk inside the house.

It was almost as if nothing had ever happened between the two boys. It was calm and peaceful. Connor loved it, as did Troye.

--

After they had settled in on Connors bed, they scrolled through Hulu, deciding on a good movie the two of them could watch together.

The first half of the movie was filled with nothing but complete silence. The comfortable, calming silence they both adored so much. Just being in each other's presence is good enough for them, they made each other happy.

Troye took a quick look at his phone, noticing Bethany had texted him.

See you tonight!

Troye smiled down at the text, sending a quick message back to his friend.

Can't wait xx

"Who you texting?" Connor asked, Turing his attention to Troye rather than the movie.

"Bethany. She wants to hang out tonight, so we're going to dinner then the mall." Troye explained, looking over at Connor.

He loved looking at Connor. He loved his forest green Wes and soft pale hair. He love the little dimples he created when he smiled. He truly loved looking at Connor, and Connor could say the same for Troye.

"Nice." Connor whispered, too distracted by Troye to tell him he has similar plans with Nicola.

He wanted to do it. He wanted to lean in and kiss Troye, but he didn't. Something was bothering him for awhile now, and he needed to confront him about it.

"T?" he asked, looking down at his hands. "How did you say, um, you found out that Joey was cheating on you again?"

Troye seemed to be surprised by Connor's question, but answered it all the same.

"That Shane kid came up to me. He thought I was Daniel, so-"

"Shane? As in my ex boyfriend Shane? As in the Shane you went on a date with?" Connor inquired, trying to get Troye to realize that it was no mistake that Shane called him Daniel.

"I- oh my God!" Troye exclaimed. "Oh my god, he- he knows my name! Why did he call me..." Troye was just as confused as Connor.

"Do you think he did it on purpose?" The green eyed boy asked.

"I think, I mean Joey looked surprised that Shane was there and... do you think Shane did it without Joey knowing?"  Troye asked, completely astounded that he didn't think of this before.

"I don't know, Tro. Maybe..."

--

Soon after the Shane discussion, Troye and Connor returned to their movie. Oddly enough, they had picked a movie of two friends becoming lovers. If you asked them, they'd say it's a coincidence. If you ask anybody else, they'd say it's fate.

Because right in the moment when one of the main characters said those special words, the ones that change their relationship forever, Connor looked over at Troye, only to see Troye was already looking.

They didn't say a word to each other, but they both knew what the other one was thinking. Troye eyes flickered down to Connors lips, and Connor's to Troyes.

Then they leaned in.

Sparks. Butterflies. You name it, they felt it. It was pure bliss. Ecstatic, even.

When they broke apart, they stayed silent. They turned back to their movie as if they didn't just share the best kiss in the world.

Troye leaned his head on Connors shoulder, and they soon fell asleep to the sound of each others breathing.

--

Nicola and Bethany were fuming. They had spent their entire afternoon setting up a date for the two lovebirds, and they ditched on them.

As soon as they walked through the front door, they matched their way to Connors room, ready to have a word or two with both Troye and Connor.

However, soon those feelings of hatred and anger were subsided as they saw the scene in front of them.

Troye and Connor were cuddled against each other, Connor holding Troye in his protective arms as Troye rested his head upon Connors chest.  The laptop was discarded to the floor.

Bethany pulled out her phone, taking a picture of the two angels. They really did like each other, yet they've done nothing about it.

Yet.

--

A/N

no they did not do the act of sex. they were just cuddling.

unedited yikes