chapter nineteen

Troye started spending a lot of time over at the Mota-Franta household. Sometimes to hang out with Bethany, other times to hang out with Connor. Although Bethany had made a statement earlier about how Connor was stealing her friends, she didn't really mind that Troye and Connor were hanging out. She could tell that they really did enjoy each other's company.

However, in today's case, Troye was coming over to hang out with Bethany and the rest of their "crew." Which, Connor didn't mind too much, he felt bad for stealing him from Bethany all the time.

As Connor was passing the living room, a knock on the door caused him to halt his actions. Without giving much thought as to who would be at the door, Connor answered  it to see Zoe and Andrea.

(He was a little disappointed to see that it wasn't Troye standing there.)

"Hey Connor! Is Bethany here?"

"Yeah shes in her room," Connor motioned, stepping out of the way so the girls could enter the house. "Wasn't Troye supposed to come as well?"

"Yeah, he's on the phone with Joey," Andrea answered, sounding annoyed. "He just doesn't know when to quit it with that boy."

Sure enough, Troye was standing the driveway with a phone pressed to his ear. A slightly annoyed expression shared with a blush evident on his face. Connor studied Troye's actions, noticing how he cracked his fingers every now and then, along with the constant eye roll.

Soon, the phone conversation was over and Troye was storming into the the house.

"You okay?" Connor questioned, stopping Troye from entering Bethany's room.

"Yeah it's just," he sighed, throwing his hand into his hair. "Joey won't stop calling me."

"He, remember what I said. You don't deserve him. You can move on, Troye"

"Yeah, I just. Okay"

__

Later that night,  Connor swore he heard Troye screaming, paired with the sound of three girls laughing their asses off. Confused, Connor slowly got out from his bed, placing his laptop on the night stand.

"No! Don't take pictures! We didn't agree on that!" Troyes voice yelled from across the hall, followed by the sound of Bethany's door opening. Connor quickly moved away from his door, not wanting to be caught by one of them.

Without much warning, Troye barged into Connor's room, closing the door behind him. "Keep me away from them," he stated, panic all over his face.

"Are you- are you wearing makeup?" Connor suddenly asked after getting a closer examination of Troye's face.

"Yeah, they wanted to do my makeup so I let them, now they're trying to take pictures for snapchat." Troye explained, walking over to the mirror Connor had in his room for 'aesthetic purposes.' Troye groaned in frustrated as he tried to rub the makeup off with a tissue. Keyword: tried.

"You don't have any makeup remover, do you?" Troye questioned, turning to Connor without considering what he had just asked him. Connor just raised his eyebrows in response. "Right right. What about Nicola?"

"I can ask..." Connor stated, looking over at his door.

"Don't tell them I'm in here," Troye pleaded, placing his hand on Connor's shoulder. (The same one he rested his head on the day prior). "Please?"

"Okay, but you should probably hide."

"where?" Troye asked, looking around for a decent place to hide in Connor's small room.