chapter 10

Could you please give us the spotlight
'Cause I have something to say
You may not like the subject
But I'll say this anyway
We're so sick of all this so-called
Shitty music that you play
So could you please do us a favor
Stay the fuck out of our way  

hi yeah! i just thought i'd share these beautiful lyrics with you guys- oh and a bvb song also. enjoy!

I finally got away from Connor and snook into the library. Gran was sat in the chair by the window with a sketch book and pencils. she's a talented artist, she taught me a few things but I could never be as good as her. her eyes lift from the page when i walk in. "If you don't want people to know he's your mate I suggest not shouting in the middle of a hallway next time sweetie." Gran says with a smile. "sorry," I apologise, knowing she was right. "what are you drawing?" i ask her. her motions for her to come closer. I do as she says and stand over her shoulder. The sketch is beautiful, it is of the back yard with two wolves and their children playing in the grass. I smile, I loved playing in that backyard when i was younger. I was always the curious one of me and Oliver, wanting to go exploring in the trees and the first to try worms. I regret eating it but at least I didn't care. Oliver was always the one trying to keep me safe, telling me to get own from a tree cause i might fall. "who are they?" i ask. Gran turns to me and smiles brightly. "me and your grandfather with your parents." my eyes widen and I take the sketch in my own hands. I study the details of mum and dad when they was younger. Oliver definitely got his looks from dad, i got my mothers eyes and her lips but my hair looks like dads. "I wish I could of known them," I confess. Gran nods understandingly. I hand the drawing back to her and perch down on the ground in front of her. She laughs an sets her book down. "what's on your mind?" she asks. She always knew me to well. I sigh and tell her everything, from the bottle to Rory's strange behaviour. I didn't dare tell her about Savanna just yet. "well, I didn't expect you to have this confusing of a life. I thought it'd be Oliver but i guess it's you." Gran rambles. I tilt my head, what is she on about? "Gran you're making no sense." I tell her. She stops and looks me dead in they eye. "I'm old Alice, I know more than your parents ever did and I've heard rumours. one in particular about a wolf who has something called a 'Spirit Wolf' the rumour says that it will be 'thy who was born to trauma and greeted by death.' no one really understood what it meant, but i assumed it meant dead parents and some sort of horrible accident. I thought maybe it was Oliver since you was only a baby... but it all makes sense now." I stare at gran in disbelief. "Gran what even is this spirit wolf meant to do?" I ask, biting the inside of my gum. "I think you know the answer to that already," I glance up at her, she knows. I let out a breath I didn't know i was holding and start to tear up. "I don't want it Gran!" I cry out and she pulls me up to the chair and grips tight to my curled up figure, she rocks me back an forth. "I know but you can't change fate sweetheart." She was right. I can't but that doesn't mean I can't try right? I sob and bury my face in her shoulder. "Oliver can't know, neither can Connor." Gran rolls her eyes. "why would I tell them two?" I laugh, she smiles and wipes my tears. "What about Rory then? hmm?" She asks, a smirk on her small lips. "he'd tell Oliver," I groan. Gran slaps my arm. "give the boy some credit!" she exclaims. I tilt my head, what isn't she telling me? "I'll see you later, and don't cry in here all day or I'll send Rory to cheer you up." She chuckles and winks. I gape at her. "are you shipping me with Rory gran?!" I shout after her as she leaves. I hear her laugh in the distant but that's it. what the hell is she thinking? I thought she wanted me with Connor. oh, gran how you confuse me. 

she wasn't lying though. I was sitting reading a book when someone popped their head into the room, and that someone was Rory. "Oliver wants to see you," he informs me. I nod and stand up. I watch Rory's eyes shift to my bare legs and quickly back to my eyes, he didn't want me to see that. I smirk and watch past him into the hallway with my shoulders held back. I realise Rory wasn't following me so I shout over my shoulder: "Rory stop staring at my butt and get a move on." He moved then, and was standing beside me in seconds. "for the record I wasn't- I mean- I-" he struggles to find the rights words so I scoff. "yeah okay," to be honest it felt good. knowing someone actually got nervous around me, but not because my brother would kill them. No. Rory actually respected me as an individual. we got to Oliver's bedroom, Rory opened the door and I followed him in. Oliver was just finishing packing, just an overnight bag and a couple of knifes plus a gun. was he that worried? "hey bro," I hug him from behind and he chuckles. "hey sis, you okay?" he turns around and I let him go. "I'm fine, It's yourself I'd be worried about." I point to the gun and look at my brother sadly. "It's just in case, I probably won't even use it." he assures me. "okay." I take a shaky breath and tug my lips into a smile. "Just be safe okay?" he nods and hugs me once more. "be safe too, little sis. please." it sounded like a plead. He couldn't live without me, or take another death. He's been so much and never once asked for anything in return, just that I stay safe. Never once does he think of myself and I think that's what makes Oliver the perfect Alpha and brother. "I love you Alice and I can't lose you too. Look after yourself and I'll keep myself out of trouble," he lets go and turns to Rory, his deadly serious alpha face as her warns Rory. "you protect her Rory, I'm trusting you with the most important person to me here. If she's hurt in any way I will kill you myself." Rory nods understanding and looks down. "I'll keep her safe even if it means death sir," Oliver nods and pays his attention to me. "I won't be long, just last these two days." with that he kisses my forehead then grabs his bag and we all head downstairs. the car was parked outside with a warrior sat in the front seat and our third in command in the pack seat. Oliver and Rory do their man hug and Oliver gets in the car. he waves to us as they leave, I see the frown on his lips. he doesn't want to leave but he needs to. he needs to go and find out what's going on and he needs some free time. surprisingly, I feel proud of him for going away. hopefully it'll do him good and he'll trust me being by myself more. "So..." Rory raises an eyebrow at me. "want to play a game of fifa?" Rory's eyes go wide like a child's and nods. "yes, I would love to." I giggle and drag him inside the house. he's so going to lose.