Game of Life

I suppose you could turn this into a full length story, though I would write it as a short story, bordering on a fable due to it's moral.
So I'm assuming there are a lot of people who have played Hasbro's 'The Game of Life'. Personally, I don't like the game, but I appreciate the reality of it. This story is based a bit off that, but also has relations to the 'Back to the Future' movies (which I also don't really like) and the theory of the Butterfly Effect, (which I do like and find really interesting) which has (knowingly or unknowingly) been the subject of multiple debates over the years. The Butterfly Effect states that if you were to change some tiny - or massive - detail in history, that would in turn create more changes, creating more changes; so forth and so on until the future was completely different.

Title: The Game of Life or The Butterfly Effect
Characters: The characters in this story would really depend on what you wrote - which time in history you went back to etc. They would also be altered if you were to write it as a second- or first-person POV.
Plot: Have you ever wanted to go back in time and fix your mistakes? Maybe you said something you regret, or stayed up too late reading fanfiction? Or, on a more global scale, would you go back and find out if Jesus did live? Or maybe stop Hitler from starting WW2? In this story, a video game is developed in which you can go back in time and change the details, affecting the future. This would teach people the consequences of every tiny little action they do, every offhand comment they make.

On a separate note, I would just like to mention that I have recently (like months ago, but when I wrote this it had only been a couple weeks) started watching the CW's 'Supernatural'. IT IS SOOOOOOO DAM GOOD!!!! One of the episodes explored this theory a little and I found it very interesting to watch. The episode is 6x17 (My Heart Will Go On), and it is focussed on what would happen if the Titanic didn't sink.

On that note, I leave you.
'Peace out, Bitches' - Charlie Bradbury, Supernatural.