Four

A few days have passed since the party Luke had invited Roni and I to. It was a good time... Until the cops came from a drunk 911 prank call.

Luke had dragged me outside the back of the building and into his car, which was a gray-looking Nissan Sentra.

Our breaths were ragged and sharp, and our eyes darted from each window to make sure no cops came our way. We took one look at each other, then started laughing with one another.

"You were absolutely petrified," I laugh hysterically at Luke, pointing my finger at him.

"Says the person who said, "Oh, Luke, save me, please! You're such a wonderful, gorgeous, intelligent human being! Save me from the dreaded cops!"" He argues.

"I don't remember even uttering those words," I shoot back teasingly.

"You said it with your eyes," Luke finally says, placing his hands on the steering wheel. "We should probably drive out front and look for Roni."

"You're right," I nod has he pulls out his keys. When we do drive to the front of the hotel, there's about three cop cars outside, with officers talking to wasted college students.

In the hotel lights, you can see Roni typing on her phone, then putting it to her ear. Almost immediately, my phone starts ringing.

"That's her, right there," I tell Luke, although he was already driving towards her.

Luke pulls up to Roni, rolling down my window and shouting: "Get in loser, we're going shopping!"

"Oh! Shopping!" Roni excitedly claps her hands, then starts fumbling with the door handle. I end up turning around and opening in for her.

I had never seen her so drunk in my entire life. The way her eyes were bloodshot and how her body swayed constantly gave it away. I was surprised she knew how to operate her phone.

"Where are you going, Lukey?" Roni slurs, "The mall is the other way."

"We're not actually going to the mall," He shakes his head, "I was actually quoting Mean Girls, but if you really want to we can go in the morning."

She huffs and crosses her arms, then pouts from the middle of the backseat. After a few more minutes, Roni's mood changes drastically.

"Hey, Lukey," She giggles, now leaning forward and holding herself up from her shaky elbows on each sides of our front seats. "Did you know that," Roni pauses and licks her lips, "You're really hot?"

Luke holds the steering wheel firmly in his grip, but looks at me briefly with a petrified expression.

"I mean, of course you knew that," Roni shakily laughs, "I bet everyone tells you that."

"No actually, you're the first."

"What?" My best friend gasps dramatically, "Myra, tell this boy how gorgeous he is."

"I think you need to calm down and sit correctly," I nudge her so her back rested on her seat, but she immediately sprung back up.

"Look at his perfect jawline," Roni now takes her finger and caresses his face. Luke jerks away, but as he's doing so, he swerves out of his lane the slightest bit.

"Veronica Rose," I snap and smack her hand away from Luke's jaw.

"And his beautiful blue eyes," She continues as if I never said anything, "And his blonde-brown hair. And the stubble on his chin, and the way his nose seems like it's carved beautiful onto his face. And his lips..."