VIII

"Get off me!" I threw his arm off as it repeatedly wrapped around my waist, pulling me back against him. I struggled between fending him off and wiping the tears slipping from my eyes. I walked away from him as fast as I could in the enlightened streets of freezing Seattle.

"Hannah, come on! We were playing a stupid game, you can't seriously be mad at me for this!" Niall shouted behind me. I stopped and turned around. He stopped too, a couple meters from me. He loosened his shoulders, staring at me guiltily. He'll never admit what he did was disgusting.

"You humiliated me Niall. You have no single respect for me."

"So what? Where you off to now, huh?" He stepped towards me. I glared at him with utmost hatred. "Why do you think I flew you here, Hannah? There's nowhere for you to run, and no means for you to survive. There's absolutely no one here to help you." 

"That's where you're wrong."

The car ride back from the mall was excruciatingly awkward. It was obvious both Zayn and Liam knew what happened between Niall and me but none of them uttered a single sound. The fact that I wasn't speaking to Liam only added to my lack of comfort in this situation. Niall wasn't saying anything either. All he did was attempting to analyze the hostility between Liam and I.

Niall and I got ready at the hotel. He told me to dress up, so I wore a tight silver dress with black pumps. He wore beige chinos and a white button-down shirt. He stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom, undoing the top buttons. His hair was styled up in his regular quiff, and his cologne made it impossible for me to stay away from him. 

I crept behind him and wrapped my arms around him. He chuckled, fixing his hair. I grazed my lips against the back of his neck as my hands slid under his shirt.

"Hannah..." He whispered, his breath hitching slightly. I kissed his neck, giggling playfully. "I'm not playing." He breathed and caught my waist, lifting me up on the counter with astounding ease. He moved in between my legs and grazed his teeth against my cheek, which sent interminable chills down my spine. "Don't try to tease me. It won't work the way you want it to. Now get ready, princess." He kissed my cheek and lifted me off. 

I shaded my face with my hand, trying to save my eyes from the dozen blinding flashes. Niall held me close to him, trying to guide us through this horde of lunatics. They kept asking inappropriate questions about our relationship, which I could tell was quick to anger Niall. Thankfully, we soon made our way inside what seemed to be a pub. Niall grabbed my coat. The rustic smell, the beer, the crowded bar... I shot Niall a look, and he grinned.

"Welcome home, babe." 

My head fell on Niall's shoulder, making him chuckle. 

"One too many beers, huh?" He  squeezed my hand.

"You drank more... Why aren't you drunk?" My ability too speak was dangerously compromised. 

"I'm embarrassed you'd even ask." He replied playfully. "Babe..." He moved, and I lifted my heavy spinning head. 

"Mhm?" 

"Isn't this nice? Just the two of us and drunk Irishmen..." He grabbed both my hands. I nodded, giggling. "I want this forever, Hannah."  I giggled, not really knowing how else to respond to anything. He kissed my cheek. "I'm really only saying this cause you're drunk... But there would be nothing left of  me if I were to lose you. Sometimes I just want to pick you up over my shoulder, grab a cab and get away with you." I smiled, and my head fell on his shoulder again. He kissed it. "I love you Hannah." I felt his hand stroking my arm soothingly. I let myself ease into his hold, shutting my eyes. I was probably a drink away from hitting the toilets. "Love?" I barely heard him. His faint voice resonated inside my head, and I was spacing out. I could slightly feel him move. I felt very distinct sensations on my neck switching between wet, stinging, and hot. I groaned, moving my head away from him. I thought I told him to stop touching me. My body was limb and completely detached from my weak conscience. I seemed to weigh a thousand pounds. I felt pressure up my thighs, and moved my head from side to side. 

"Liam," I groaned. "I told y-you not... to touch me here." 

The next moment my conscious could grasp, my body was being transported what seemed like ten meters above the ground down some hallway. My arms swung from side to side, hitting my face every so often. I was lied down on a soft cushiony surface before blacking out. 

I groaned, stretching out my arms. The headache hit me like a bitch. I felt disgusting. I opened my eyes and let them adjust to the light before propping myself up on my elbows and scoping around. The spot next to me was clearly untouched since that part of the bed was still freshly done. Niall didn't sleep with me...? 

Maybe I was too annoying. I honestly don't remember anything that happened last night, but still, would Niall leave me here for being drunk? I pulled myself out of bed. Sure enough, I had a night gown on. My aching heart warmed up a little. He didn't just dump me here and ditch. I clasped my hand against my forehead and painfully made my way to the bathroom. I took a much needed shower and got dressed. I wasn't feeling good, so I opted for a simple cream knit sweater, skinny jeans and flats. I checked the time and it was already eleven AM. Where the fuck was Niall? I pulled my dried hair in a messy bun and made my way out the door. Niall had the key, but fuck it. I was really desperate to find Niall, so it had me knocking on some troublesome doors.

My eyes widened in shock as my body went limb. I couldn't move nor speak. I stared back at her, amazed that her simple presence in a bathrobe could wrench my stomach so much. 

"Hello..?" Hearing her voice just hurt all the more. I prayed that I had knocked on the wrong door. Please, let my hangover be reason behind this...

"Hannah?" Liam appeared behind her, wearing nothing but his boxers. I tried my best not to propel a single emotion, but this was hurting so bad... 

"Hey, aren't you Niall's girlfriend?" She was quite the chatter! Her British accent annoyed me all the more. I glared at the bitch. I glared at her long bitchy straight brown hair, her bitchy droopy brown eyes, her bitchy plump lips, her bitchy tanned skin... A tear rolled down my cheek. 

"Hann- Sophia, could you excuse me a moment?" Liam shut the door and pulled me further down the hall. He forced my hands away from my face. "Hey hey hey, don't cry." He whispered, wiping away my tears as he still held onto my hands. "Don't cry." I sniffled. Why the hell was this affecting me so much? "Niall doesn't deserve to cloud those beautiful eyes." 

He couldn't even fathom the thought of me crying over him. How depressing was that? I hit whacked him across his chest. 

"You have a girlfriend?" I whimpered. "Why didn't you tell me?" Liam stared at me like a lost puppy. 

"I..." He stuttered, his wide eyes gazing upon mine with such softness. "I don't know." I wiped another stray tear and bit on my sleeve, trying to hide part of my red puffy face. 

"She's really pretty. I'm happy for you." I spoke, avoiding his insisting gaze. "Hope she's everything you've ever wanted." He shrugged his shoulders as he sighed.

"I'm crazy about her. I wish you the same." 

"What? Niall? Of course." I tried to kick some sense into that drowsy head of mine. Just yesterday I was shouting at Liam, now I'm crying for him? I need to get my emotions in check, seriously. "I was actually, uhm... looking for him. I'll see you around." 

________________________

Yeaaah lots of you guessed it was Liam's gf hahaha good job :P Show of hands how many hate her already? Who can sense some Lannah drama? 

About the intro don't worry about it. It'll all be clear later on in the next chapters. 

Don't forget to comment and vooote <3