XIII

"W-what?" I managed to mumbled, my heart racing. Niall glared at me rigidly. Not a single sound was uttered. 

"You heard me." He spoke with strange calmness. My head was spinning, and I turned around to look at Liam. His face was hidden behind his arm, at which end his hand tugged at his hair. Niall moved the strands of hair in the way of my right ear, and I shivered as he whispered into it. Niall pulled away, and repeated himself, nudging his head towards Liam. Tears formed in my eyes as I lacked the taste for what Niall was doing to not only Liam and me, but also to Sophia who looked all shook up. I was about to make a move, when Liam grabbed my face and pressed his lips against mine. The sweetness of his mouth invaded my senses, as it had the night prior. However, I did not move. I just sat there, shaking less and less as his lips moved against mine, and allowed me to taste the alcohol he had heavily consumed. When he pulled away, I rested near him, breathless, as did he. Remembering the people that were surrounding us, I dared to look at them. Sophia was staring at us with tears in her eyes, and Niall's jaw was clenched, and his glare filled with anger. The room was filled with awkwardness, as neither Liam nor I had any amusement left in us. The alcohol had taken a sour turn, and the tears I had been holding in began to flow down my cheeks. I shut the door on my way out. 

"Get off me!" I threw his arm off as it repeatedly wrapped around my waist, pulling me back against him. I struggled between fending him off and wiping the tears slipping from my eyes. I walked away from him as fast as I could in the enlightened streets of freezing Seattle.

"Hannah, come on! We were playing a stupid game, you can't seriously be mad at me for this!" Niall shouted behind me. I stopped and turned around. He stopped too, a couple meters from me. He loosened his shoulders, staring at me guiltily. He'll never admit what he did was disgusting.

"You humiliated me Niall. You have no single respect for me."

"So what? Where you off to now, huh?" He stepped towards me. I glared at him with utmost hatred. "Why do you think I flew you here, Hannah? There's nowhere for you to run, and no means for you to survive. There's absolutely no one here to help you."

"That's where you're wrong."

"What do you mean?" His tone grew serious. I wanted to yell at him. I wanted to ask him why he had done that, what he had earned from this tasteless play... I wanted to know if he still had love for me, because as it felt now to me he had only hate and jealousy fuelling his heart. 

"Good bye, Niall." 

"It's late for a pretty girl like you to be sitting around here. Come on," Jai offered his hand, and I placed my freezing flesh in possession of his warmer hand. He pulled me up, and I tilted my head for the street light not to hit me and allow him to see my disfigured face. 

"Thank you for coming..." I whispered, my voice breaking every few breaths. "I don't know what to d-" I haven't had time to even finish, my face fell into his chest, and I convulsed with pain, having almost felt lonely by my prior lack of tears. Jai's arms wrapped around me tightly. 

"I'll get you somewhere safe." He said. My wrecked heart wrenched a little more at his words, and I wondered why I felt defensive after all Niall had done, but I didn't like him implying that I was unsafe before he came. Some part of me wished I hadn't called him, and be in Niall's arms already, the pain fading from my chest. A part of me wanted to run back whichever direction the hotel was and tell him I regretted what I had said, and that I loved him. But... I knew I owed it to my worn out body to take a break, and heal myself. I had to do this. He went too far.

I squeezed the towel around my hair one last time, and told myself the air would dry the rest. I slipped on one of Jai's shirts and clean Calvin Klein's, and left the bathroom. He was sitting on the edge of his bed, looking thoughtful. He snapped out of it once I had shut the door, and looked at me. 

"Now, will you tell me what happened?" He asked. I sat a good deal away from him. His intentions weren't clear to me, and neither were mine for that matter. I just knew it was best for now to keep my distance, until I could think more clearly about myself. 

"I really don't want to..." I whispered, staring at my fidgeting fingers. A tear rolled down my cheek, and as I felt my throat tighten, I quickly asked to be alone. 

I must have spent at least three days in bed crying, eating close to nothing, painfully awake most of the time, and never ceasing to think about Niall. It took me a while, but Jai gradually got me back on my feet. He got me to take a walk in the park one day. He ordered in some chinese food the next. I started laughing with him, enjoying the time spent. I felt better.

"Where are your brothers and friends?" I asked one day, sitting at Burger King. He sat opposite of me, sipping on his Diet Coke. 

"Australia," he said, smiling. He was always smiling. I asked him why that was, and he explained to me he was actually at the airport on his way back when I called him. He ditched the flight and came to get me. I had no words to respond to this action. It was a painful reminded of Liam, therefore a more painful reminder of Niall. "Don't think of him," he reached out and grabbed my hand. I shivered at the feeling. I smiled, and he read out loud texts his brothers were sending him, mostly about me, which made me laugh hysterically. I realised my attraction to him and his almond, hazel eyes, his cute smile, his accent... The more time I spent with him, the less painful Niall was to get over. As I came about my conclusion of possible feelings I had for him, I had one question trotting inside my head.

"I heard that you dated this singer..." His smile faded, and his eyes dropped. He leaned back in his chair, sighing softly. 

"Yeah." He replied, clearing his throat. 

"Well... what happened?" 

"She cheated on me." 

I grew quiet. He didn't seem like the kind of guy someone cheated on, but rather the opposite. I wasn't sure if I were to believe him, but I couldn't deny how emotional he became when I brought her up. She must have hurt him badly...

"I'm sorry..." 

"Don't be. Shit happens. People fuck with your heart, that's life. I did what you did. I gave her another chance, and she screwed me over once more. People don't change Hannah. At least not how you want them to."

We got back to his place at night, which apparently was owned by a relative of his. Luckily, it had two bedrooms, so Jai and I slept apart. 

"Good night, beautiful." He hugged me at my bedroom door. "Have sweet dreams..." 

"You too," I whispered back. He pulled away, and as soon as his head drew I felt his lips on the corner of mine. The kiss was soft. It was nothing. He pulled away, contemplating my reaction. My heart was in a turmoil. No, no no no. He apologised. I told him it was nothing. I didn't want to make a big deal out of something so innocent. 

"I know you need space. It'll get better, you'll see Hannah." He smiled, and walked to his room. 

_______________________________

RELAX  

It is a Niall story, and just like with Liam, things turn out right in the end. Don't think this is becoming a Jai thing, cause it's just part of the plot I have chosen. Just wrap your head around the fact you will be reading less about Niall in the next chapters, or maybe I'll do a Niall's POV? Anyway pleaaase comment and vote love you guys <3