XI

Sophia went to the bathroom. I wished from the bottom of my heart that this mocha I was sipping on was whiskey instead. I made a mental note to go have a drink tonight somewhere. The conversation with Sophia wasn't going great, but I had a feeling she didn't plan on breaking up with Liam. I had the strange feeling that something else was in the way and she wasn't telling me. I realised how important it was for them to stay together. With her in the way, the door is completely closed when it comes to something happening between Liam and me. I never would've cheated on Niall, but he's been absolutely absent lately...

Something vibrated on the table. Oh, she left her phone. It was probably Liam checking up on her. I glanced at the message and immediately felt a cold chill pass through me. 

"Hi, my name is Hannah, and I was wondering-"

"Hannah who?" She interrupted me. I groaned internally. 

"I'm with Niall Horan. Can you please tell me if he came by at all today?" I tapped my nails against the glass counter anxiously. 

"I'm sorry, I cannot disclose this type of information." She smiled, which I wanted to punch really badly. I gave her a sarcastic thank you, and made my way to the elevator. I ran into Zayn. 

"Zayn! Thank God. Please tell me you saw-"

"Niall's in your room, actually." I kissed his cheek and thanked him before hopping inside the elevator. 

I realized I had no key once I was at the door. I knocked and kicked it until he opened it. 

"Han-"

"What's wrong with you?!" I pushed my way inside, and he shut the door. He was wearing a white tank top and skinny jeans. His hair was messy. He smelled of strong alcohol, but didn't look much drunk.

"Hannah I think it's best if we don't do this now..." He spoke in a very controlled tone, and made gestures as if he weighed each word with his hands. 

"No, lets! I've been waiting days for this to happen! Come on!" I pushed on his chest, but he did not budge. His eyebrows furrowed. I was desperate for him to react, so we could deal with it. The best way to do that was to anger him. "Is it cause Liam touched me? Is it cause Jai was condescending towards you?" I pushed on his chest again, and he caught my hand, squeezing my wrist tightly. His teeth were clenched. 

"Be very careful, Hannah. You don't know what you're dealing with." He mumbled spitefully, an inch from my face. His bright eyes had turned cloudy and his accent grew thicker. "I'm done here." He turned away from me, but I ceased his arm. 

"Niall, don't leave. I'm sorry. I don't know what to do to get you to talk to me... I love you." A tear rolled down my cheek. "Why are you making such a big deal out of this? Niall it's you. It's only you." I cried. He didn't even bother to turn around. His straight back was all I had. 

"Not anymore." 

What time was it... Ten, eleven? Twelve, maybe. Louis was probably asleep. Zayn was probably drawing. Harry was probably at the bar. Liam was probably with Sophia... Oh, right. Sophia. I wondered what they could be talking about. Real or surreal? Crying or laughing? He was probably clueless...

I pushed my head from my pillow. Oh how soaked in tears and stained with mascara it was. I carried my numb body over to the bathroom. I wasn't crying anymore. That was good. I reached for my making removing wipes and wiped them under my eyes. I fixed my hair into a neater bun. That was all I had the heart to do. I tried to sleep again but I couldn't. I left the room, gulping down the lump in my throat. I realised I was barefoot, and the left strap of my black tank top was rolling down my shoulder. I stood in front of the door, not sure what to do. What was I even doing here? As soon as I raised my hand to knock, the door opened. Liam stood there, with the saddest look on his face. His hair was all messed up, his eyes slightly red, but not too much. It didn't look like he had been crying, but rather distraught and tireless. 

"Sophia's cheating on you," I cried, the tears rolling down my cheeks again. I didn't quite understand why that had made me sad, but standing in front of Liam brought so many emotions back to surface. 

"I know." He mumbled, holding me tightly against his chest. My arms wrapped naturally around his waist. I felt his chin dip into my hair. He was so warm. He pulled me inside, shut the door and we stood there facing each other, not uttering a single sound. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand. Left cheek, then when I was about to wipe the right he ceased my wrist, gently. I instinctively looked at him and his face wasn't two feet from me anymore, but centimetres away. He pulled me into him immediately, and moved his hands behind my head, through my hair. His lips smashed against mine. I felt his tongue slip inside my mouth a little. Then out. His teeth sank in my bottom lip. I couldn't keep up. His mouth moved to my neck, kissing and nipping until he reached my collarbone. Our breaths were heavy and fast. Just when I got used to him in my neck and leaned my head back, he was on my lips again. I moaned into the kiss, and so did he, but slightly louder, as a response to mine. I felt the strap move down more from the hasty movements, and I self consciously removed my hand from Liam's chest to pull it back up. Catching me off guard, he slapped my hand away and pulled the strap back down rather abruptly. He spun me around and pushed me onto the bed. He stood in front of me for a few seconds, enough for me to catch his dark, yearning gaze and heaving chest. He hovered over me and pulled down the other strap, but went no further than that. His hands caught my face and he kissed me lengthily. Every touch of his was soft, and careful. He never hurt me despite his speed and passion. He pushed my waist down into the mattress, and pressed himself onto me more. I bit my lip, holding back the desire to moan. 

"Are we doing this?" I managed to breathe out in between kisses. 

"We do whatever you want to do, love. I'm all yours." 

______________________

Show of hands: Who wants this to happen and who doesn't? 

Btw guys I feel like not many comment anymore :/ I used to get like 50 and now it barely gets to 20. It makes me think I'm not doing such a good job... Anyways hope you liked this chapter! Don't worry too much about niall yet... <3