XII

Liam stared at me, waiting for an answer. His eyes were set adoringly on mine. My vision of his beautiful face blurred, and I blinked away a few tears. He immediately pulled me into a warm embrace. 

"Shhh, beautiful princess..." He whispered, rocking me back and forth. His flexed biceps pressed against my ribs. I fit my face between his shoulder and neck. 

"Niall dumped me," I whimpered, beginning to shake. Liam sighed, tightening his grab on me in attempt to halt the ceaseless quivering. Liam was quiet. I grasped his shirt and pulled myself further into him. 

"Then lets not, love. Stay here the night. We'll think clear tomorrow." 

I didn't exactly wake up comfortably. Someone was continuously knocking on the door, and Liam detached himself from me to go see who it was. I heard him grunt. 

"What is it?" I groggily mumbled, shifting in the bed. 

"Sophia." He sighed. 

"I thought you two were done?"

"No. I know she went after Harry, and I got her another room for the night, but told her we'd work it out by morning. I didn't expect you to-"

I got out of bed immediately, and before he could finish I pushed him out of the way and left the room. I ignored Sophia's stupefied expression, and Liam shouting my name. I can't believe I almost did what I did. I knocked on the door, hoping that maybe Niall would answer. He opened, to my surprise. He looked like he had been crying. My heart wrenched at his sight. He invited me inside and I froze, speechless. The bed was covered in rose petals. A champagne bottle rested in an elevated bucket, where I presumed all the ice had melted. I looked at Niall, whose eyes were set on the floor.

"I waited for you all night." He said, embarrassed. 

"But you dumped me," I whispered, my eyes beginning to sting. Niall tugged at his quiff and clenched his eyes shut. 

"I regretted it immediately. Hannah, I know I've been making it hard these past few days. Can we please just move past it? I know you love me, and that you would never let history repeat itself with Liam." He moved in closer, placing his hands on my waist. I avoided his gaze. "Okay babe?" He kissed my forehead. 

"Okay." 

I didn't have a chance to talk to Sophia and tell her nothing happened, but I assumed Liam had done that, because I saw them holding hands in the lobby. I didn't spend much time with Niall that day, they were off to Seattle's Children's hospital to do some charity work. I stayed in my room most of the time, and at about four in the evening I received a call from the lobby.

"Hi, is this Hannah?" A man asked. 

"Yeah," I replied. 

"You've received a delivery." I frowned. That was weird.

"Alright, I'll be right down." 

I walked up to the front desk and asked about the delivery. The man went into some sort of backroom, and came out with a bouquet of dozens of red roses. I had to cover my mouth with my hand to prevent profanities from spilling out. I thanked him and trotted off to the room. Security always reminded us to spend the least amount of time in public, and I was wearing sweatpants and a tank top. 

Once I got in the room, I sat on the bed and noticed there was a card stuck inside the bouquet. 

'Can't get you out of my head, somehow. I'm worried about you. If you need anything, call me.