XVIII

"Do you really have to leave?" I pouted, holding on to his waist. Jai chuckled and bent down to kiss my forehead. 

"I have to. I'll be back in a week, babe. I promise." He shoved a couple more shirts inside his suitcase. Jai had to go to Australia to shoot a few videos with his brothers. "You have your credit card, and make sure you call me whenever you need, day and night." I bit my lip, and he sighed. "It's not easy leaving you here, trust me." He wrapped his arms around my waist, and hovered over me on the bed. "I love you, Hannah."

I shut the computer after binge watching youtube videos for the past hour and a half. When I realized I literally had nothing else to do, I opened it again. The urge to type in 'Niall Horan' was preponderant. I just had to make sure he wasn't up to anything, that's all. 

After a few desperate searches, I sighed in relief. He was last seen in London, partying with a Victoria's Secret model. I couldn't pretend I wasn't bothered by that... But I guess that's how it had to be. I've got Jai, and Niall is free to be with anyone he pleases. 

It was only four in the afternoon, and I was bored to death. I was so afraid to go out and meet people. My trust was completely shattered, and I was afraid something bad would happen to me. Why did Jai have to go? 

"Hey, I already miss you. I hope your flight isn't too bad..." I spoke into the phone. Obviously he didn't have any service, so I was leaving him a message. I opened the front door and stepped outside for some fresh air. "I think I'm going to get a job, or something. I really need to get my life togeth-" I was bothered by the sound of the engine of a truck roaring across the street. "Anyway, I love y-"

I had finally set my eyes on what was happening in front of me. I could feel my skin turn pale. The smirk. That fucking smirk. No, this had to be a nightmare. 

"W-what are you doing?" I stormed across the street. I could barely breathe. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I screamed. The movers looked at me as though I was crazy. 

"Oh, Hannah... What a pleasure." He grinned, and I immediately slapped him. He touched his cheek, and still managed to smile. "Thank you boys, I'll take it from here." He told the men before they got in their truck and drove away. He turned his attention back to me. 

"What do you think you are doing Niall?" I spoke through clenched teeth. I felt as though I was about to explode. 

"I bought a house! Exciting, right? Let me show you around." He reached for my arm but I pushed him away. He furrowed his eyebrows, as though he didn't understand my animosity. 

"You'll never change." I whispered. I started walking towards Jai's house. 

"Hannah, please. I just need to-"

I shut the door and locked it. 

'I'll leave if you're mine. I need to be sure that you're mine, Hannah. Mine and only.'

'See, Hannah, you can't even kiss me meaningfully. You think I don't feel it? You think I can't tell when you're pretending?'

Right side. Left side. I tried every position, but sleep was far from me. So many scenes from my past relationship with Niall resurfaced, and it was quite painful. There's no way Niall changed, right? I mean... he can't. Sometimes it's hard to come to terms with an ending, even more so when he becomes omnipresent in my life. I should probably tell Jai...

The next few days were better. I didn't see Niall at all. I was barely adjusting to the idea that he bought a god damn house across the street from Jai's, and to pretend it had nothing to do with me makes me all the more livid. I didn't end up telling Jai, who seemed a lot busier than he predicted. To be honest, I expected another Niall break in, but none of that happened. 

Niall's POV

"Here, let me help you with that." I grabbed a large bag of groceries from an old lady and helped her to her car. She smiled, and patted my shoulder. 

"You are a fine gentleman." I chuckled and shut the door to her car. When I turned around, a group of girls were running towards me. I tried to talk to all of them for a bit and took dozens of pictures. I've been limiting my use of security. Trying to normalize my life as much as I could, but it was really difficult. 

"Can I tell you something?" The youngest one of them -who looked around ten years of age- held my arm. She reminded me of Hannah a lot because of her blue eyes, blond hair, and adorably small chin. I leaned down to hear her better, because all the other girls were squealing. "I think Hannah still loves you." She whispered in my ear. My heartbeat accelerated. I forced a smile. 

"Hannah is happy now. She loves somebody else." I couldn't find it in my power to smile at all this time. I stood back up with an aching heart. 

______________________

Hey guys! I'm in college now!!! To think I started KBMEBF in 9th grade! Anyways, hope you all like this chapter :) Tbh Idk what to do at this point lol. I'm pretty sure y'all hate jai, but you also all hate Niall... hmmm... Suggestions are welcome! 

ALSO if you like SHAWN MENDES please check out my new fanfic about him it's called Treat You Better :) It's still in progress so it could be a sweet or toxic story not sure yet but let me know what you want!

xx