IX

I walked all over the hotel searching for Niall. I ran into Louis, then Harry, then Zayn, and not one of them knew where the hell he was. Liam was probably still having fun with his new girlf- what the hell do I know? He could've been dating her secretly for months! What I know for a fact is his hand was up my thigh while he was supposed to be hers. I thought he was better than that. I thought he loved me. 

"Hannah!" I turned around, holding my breath. "I was looking for you." I let all the air out of my lungs. It was Paul. 

"Paul do you know where Niall is?" I pleaded as he approached me, his hair slightly disheveled. I noticed the prominent bags under his eyes. He hadn't been sleeping much. 

"You need to get dressed right away," he spoke in an ushered voice, his right hand squeezing my shoulder. 

"Why?"

"The event Hannah! We have an interview and a movie premiere to attend! Now go get ready, you have thirty minutes! I'll take care of the Niall situation." 

I got a spare key and ran to the room. Thirty minutes for a girl to get ready for a film premiere? Really?! I really wanted to simply tell Paul I wasn't going, but this was the only way for me to get to talk to Niall, hopefully. As soon as I barged inside the room, my gaze was caught by a beautiful white dress lying on the end of the bed, facing me. It was still attached to a hanger, and covered in a transparent plastic wrap. A note was set on top of it. I picked it up.

'Because you looked too beautiful in it. 

Xx

Liam' 

My stomach warmed up. He actually bought the dress... It was worth a fortune. I made a mental note to thank him, despite everything else. 

I was ready in twenty minutes. 

I paired Liam's dress with white pumps, applied a last coat of red lipstick and was out the door. I crossed my fingers for Niall to show up.

Naturally, he wasn't in the car. I was alone with Harry, Louis and Zayn, waiting for Liam and his... whatever. He finally hopped in, his thing following close behind hanging on to his hand. Looking at her gigantic heels I'd be holding on for my life too. When Liam saw me, his eyes lit up, and he smiled. I gave a small smile, mostly bothered by the remainder of what he had done. What's her face said hi to me, and I painfully greeted her back, without much expressive efforts. The car started. Niall, again, wasn't coming with us. My mind drifted to how difficult Paul's job actually was. I'd be in a constant snit in his place. 

"Hannah this dress looks fabulous on you," Sophia (Liam spoke of her so much I was bound to memorise her damn name) approached me at the buffet. I held my glass of champagne in one hand, and picked up a macaroon with the other. 

"Thank you. So does yours." I forced a smile. How can I keep hating her if she doesn't stop being this nice? 

"Where's Niall?" She asked, stuffing her mouth with a donut hole. I downed my entire glass before answering. The boys were off talking to possible connections. I guess it was natural for both of us to wound up here, together. 

"I don't know," I giggled, looking for some more to drink. I pulled back a waiter holding a bunch of champagne glasses on his tray, almost knocking them over. I handed him my empty one and grabbed one of his. I thanked him and twirled my glass around. 

"Can I ask you something?" She placed her hand on my arm, nudging her head towards a table a meter from us. We both sat down on the cushiony seats.