Chapter 7: Goodbyes

Chapter‭ ‬7

Goodbyes

Angel‭’‬s‭ ‬POV

‎‏I‭ ‬knew‭ ‬it‭ ‬was‭ ‬wrong‭ ‬to‭ ‬let‭ ‬James‭ ‬hope‭ ‬this‭ ‬time‭ ‬I‭ ‬would‭ ‬be‭ ‬staying‭ ‬for‭ ‬good‭ ‬this‭ ‬time,‭ ‬or‭ ‬at‭ ‬least‭ ‬for‭ ‬awhile.‭ ‬The‭ ‬problem‭ ‬was‭ ‬I‭ ‬loved‭ ‬him‭ ‬too‭ ‬much‭ ‬to‭ ‬hurt‭ ‬him.‭ ‬If‭ ‬it‭ ‬was‭ ‬up‭ ‬to‭ ‬me‭ ‬I‭ ‬wouldn't‭ ‬leave‭ ‬again,‭ ‬but‭ ‬like‭ ‬most‭ ‬things‭ ‬in‭ ‬my‭ ‬life‭ ‬I‭ ‬had‭ ‬no‭ ‬control‭ ‬over‭ ‬it.‭ ‬I‭ ‬was‭ ‬just‭ ‬hoping‭ ‬we‭ ‬could‭ ‬work‭ ‬out‭ ‬our‭ ‬issues‭ ‬before‭ ‬I‭ ‬had‭ ‬to‭ ‬leave.

‎“‏You‭ ‬called‭ ‬off‭ ‬work‭?” ‬asked‭ ‬James.

‎“‏Yeah,‭ ‬I‭ ‬was‭ ‬kind‭ ‬of‭ ‬hoping‭ ‬we‭ ‬could‭ ‬catch‭ ‬up.‭ ‬I‭ ‬mean‭ ‬two‭ ‬years‭ ‬is‭ ‬a‭ ‬long‭ ‬time.‭”

“Yeah‎ ‏I‭ ‬guess,‭ ‬but‭ ‬last‭ ‬night‭ ‬it‭ ‬just‭ ‬seemed‭ ‬like‭ ‬you‭ ‬really‭ ‬loved‭ ‬your‭ ‬job.‭” ‬James‭ ‬asked‭ ‬confused.‭

“I‎ ‏do,‭ ‬but‭ ‬I‭ ‬really‭ ‬missed‭ ‬having‭ ‬a‭ ‬brother‭ ‬more.‭ ‬So‭ ‬what‭ ‬do‭ ‬you‭ ‬want‭ ‬to‭ ‬do‭ ‬there‭’‬s‭ ‬this‭ ‬really‭ ‬cool‭ ‬action‭ ‬movie‭ ‬out.‭” ‬I‭ ‬told‭ ‬him.‭ ‬We‭ ‬both‭ ‬love‭ ‬action‭ ‬movies.‭ ‬Unlike‭ ‬most‭ ‬teenage‭ ‬girls‭ ‬I‭ ‬could‭ ‬barely‭ ‬stomach‭ ‬romances,‭ ‬and‭ ‬comedies‭ ‬were‭ ‬just‭ ‬way‭ ‬too‭ ‬predictable

‎“‏A‭ ‬chick‭ ‬who‭ ‬likes‭ ‬action‭ ‬films‭! ‬Now‭ ‬that‭’‬s‭ ‬my‭ ‬kind‭ ‬of‭ ‬girl.‭” ‬said‭ ‬Mark‭ ‬grinning,‭ ‬well‭ ‬until‭ ‬James‭ ‬started‭ ‬glaring‭ ‬at‭ ‬him.‭ “‬Dude‭ ‬chill‭ ‬please‭! ‬I‭ ‬just‭ ‬meant‭ ‬it‭ ‬might‭ ‬be‭ ‬nice‭ ‬if‭ ‬more‭ ‬girls‭ ‬liked‭ ‬action.‭ ‬I‭ ‬know‭ ‬underage‭ ‬and‭ ‬off‭ ‬limits.‭”

“Yet‎ ‏you're‭ ‬still‭ ‬checking‭ ‬her‭ ‬out‭!”

“Dude‎ ‏it‭ ‬was‭ ‬a‭ ‬compliment‭ ‬on‭ ‬her‭ ‬taste‭ ‬nothing‭ ‬else‭!”

“I‎ ‏know‭ ‬you‭ ‬so‭ ‬I‭ ‬know‭ ‬it‭’‬s‭ ‬never‭ ‬just‭ ‬a‭ ‬complement.‭ ‬Last‭ ‬you‭ ‬gave‭ ‬a‭ ‬compliment‭ ‬you‭ ‬and‭ ‬Kait‭ ‬ended‭ ‬up‭ ‬on‭ ‬the‭ ‬couch‭ ‬together‭!”

“Hey‎ ‏she‭ ‬was‭ ‬a‭ ‬cheerleader,‭ ‬and‭ ‬you've‭ ‬got‭ ‬to‭ ‬admit‭ ‬that‭ ‬her‭ ‬high‭ ‬kick‭ ‬was‭ ‬pretty‭ ‬amazing.‭ ‬I'm‭ ‬so‭ ‬not‭ ‬helping‭ ‬my‭ ‬cause‭ ‬right‭ ‬now‭ ‬am‭ ‬I‭?”

“So,‎ ‏Hope‭ ‬when‭ ‬do‭ ‬you‭ ‬think‭ ‬they'll‭ ‬stop‭ ‬talking‭ ‬like‭ ‬I‭’‬m‭ ‬not‭ ‬here‭?” ‬I‭ ‬asked‭ ‬starting‭ ‬to‭ ‬get‭ ‬really‭ ‬annoyed‭ ‬with‭ ‬both‭ ‬of‭ ‬them.‭ ‬Especially‭ ‬James‭ ‬I‭ ‬mean‭ ‬sure‭ ‬when‭ ‬I‭ ‬was‭ ‬little‭ ‬it‭ ‬was‭ ‬great‭ ‬having‭ ‬a‭ ‬big‭ ‬brother‭ ‬that‭ ‬looked‭ ‬after‭ ‬me,‭ ‬but‭ ‬I‭ ‬got‭ ‬over‭ ‬that‭ ‬when‭ ‬he‭ ‬put‭ ‬a‭ ‬guy‭ ‬that‭ ‬had‭ ‬whistled‭ ‬at‭ ‬me‭ ‬in‭ ‬the‭ ‬street‭ ‬into‭ ‬the‭ ‬wall.