Chapter 3

You unlock the door and trudge in, shutting it behind you, being extra sure to lock it. Your apartment consisted of only three rooms, a tiny bedroom, a bathroom, and one room for everything else. Although it was a sleazy apartment, you made extra sure that it was tidy. You hated living in a mess. In one corner was a patch of plastic tile floor with a half wraparound counter enclosing it, that was your kitchen. A small fridge and microwave oven occupied this space. A bookshelf with books and various figures on it,a small couch, and T.V. adorn the room. First heading to your room, you take out your laptop and place it on your bed. You feel it, thankfully it was only slightly damp. But the real question was if it still worked. Pressing the power button, you hold your breath. A few tension filled seconds later, the screen lights up. You let a sigh of relief and head to your dresser, you take out your favorite pajamas, a tank top and shorts.

You head to the bathroom and peel of your soaking clothes, leaving them in a heap on the floor. You turn on the water in your shower and sit waiting for about two minutes for the water to turn warm. The shower feels amazing, the warm water drizzling over your frozen skin. It heats you back up so quickly you get shivers, causing goosebumps to rise. After you are finished, you dry off and wrap your hair in a towel. After brushing your teeth, you let your hair down and head back to your room. You log onto your computer and prepare to record a bonus vlog for the day, to tell the story of your evening. "Hey guys, I know it's late, but I have a story to share with you!" You smile to the webcam, which is all you have for recording, lacking a video camera. Occasionally you use your phone to film, but since the camera was such poor quality that was reserved for out of house recording."Today I was walking home, and got stuck in this terrible freak storm! It was so COLD GUYS!" Finally comfortable in your own home, your normal quirky,crazy self came out. " So I was so cold and wet I hid under a tree, then this car pulled up. Naturally I got nervous, but these dudes were just so cool, they offered to give me a ride and took me home! " You pull out your phone and begin swiping to the selfie, continuously talking.

"We traded numbers and might hang out sometime. They were just the kindest. I took a selfie with them! Here, look!" You chirp to the camera. Showing the picture to the camera you smile. " Aren't they cuties? Bless em'! That's all I have to say, so I hope you have a super fantabulous day!" You pull a quick peace sign and turn off the recording. This video wouldn't need editing, so you use your sadly deteriorating WiFi to upload the video. Stretching, you settle into bed, thinking about the day's events, you drift to peaceful sleep.