Chapter 11

Swiftfeather wakes up with excitement pricking her paws. She pads out of the den to find out it is sprinkling.

Great. A rainy day to start my journey. Oh, wonderful! Swiftfeather thinks sarcastically

"Bye Fogstar." Swiftfeather whispers lovingly to her mate

"Bye Swiftfeather. May StarClan light your path." He meows back. Swiftfeather then sneaks out of the WindClan camp wall and walks towards the Moonstone. As Whitebelly and Cloudpaw pass Swiftfeather she gets worried that they will wonder where she's going. Instead the duo nods hello and continues on their way. Right when Swiftfeather gets about halfway across the moor it starts raining and instead on raining hard, it pours.

"Great." Swiftfeather meows aloud, sarcastically "My luck is awesome!" By the time she reaches the Fourtrees the wind and rain have picked up to make a horrific storm. Swiftfeather decides to catch a mouse and sleep under the WindClan rock at Fourtrees.

That night Swiftfeather dreams of playing with her sweet kits. She misses them so much already. Then a flash of light fills her dream. Stoneclaw once again appears.

"Swiftfeather." He meows loudly over the sound of wind and rain "Hurry... before," Swiftfeather wakes up panting, sweating and soaked with rain.

"WHAT?" She meows at the top of her lungs, looking at the sky hoping her father could hear her "BEFORE WHAT?" Swiftfeather plops down and thinks to herself. Swiftfeather decides to just keep going even though the storm has gotten worse. She trudges through the muddy grass and broken tree limbs. The cold rain soaks her white and black fur and makes her teeth chatter.

After what seems like days Swiftfeather makes to the small creak.

"NO!" She shouts, realizing the once miniscule creak has turned into a gushing river filled with tree limbs. Swiftfeather glances up and down the over-filled creak to find a log to cross. There wasn't any log but instead a piece of bark was aiming towards Swiftfeather. Without thinking she hopped onto the bark with a scream as her back paws hit water. "I-I made it," She whimpered to herself trying to maneuver the floating piece of bark.

Once Swiftfeather saw the Highstones she attempted to turn the bark towards the bank. She gasps as she flies off the bark and lands in the frigid, rushing water with a shriek.

So I've actually finished this story. I'm just really lazy on when I update. And with the cliffhanger I'll wait a while... Haha Moon! I know you're going to be the first one! Actually... Sorry... Byee! ~Swift