♪Chapter 7♪

Jessica's P.O.V

Climbing aboard the Team Hannah bus, we were greeted by the faces of our other team mates who were also our competitors. There were at least 10 other groups including us, and only one of them looked familiar.

"Jessica! Hey!" Smiling and waving to Carter and I to sit in the back of the bus, was Sarah. She was one of the people I had met on the day of the audition.
I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that there was someone else besides Carter that I knew was on the same team.

Smiling back at her, I dragged Carter along with me to the back to sit with her. I've never been very social, but I guess Sarah was an approachable friendly person and I wanted to try to make friends other than Emily.
Over these past few days, I think that Carter and Jake have also became my friends too, but I don't know. I hoped so, cause things seemed to be changing in a good way.

Plopping down in the row of seats across from Sarah, Carter sat down next to me with both of our suitcases. Such a gentlemen for carrying my stuff for me.

"It's so cool that we're on the same team together!" She seemed so excited talking to us and I just smiled in response.

"Do you know what team Dylan and Rebecca are on?" Carter asked from the window seat on my right.

"Oh, the other duet? I'm not really sure. I only met them the day of the audition cause  I was by myself. I think....Team Cody? Yeah I'm pretty sure they're on his team." Nodding my head, I took in the fact that she had only met them that same day we all met each other.

Dylan and Rebecca are a couple, and one of the three other duet acts in the competition. The acts, were Carter and I, Dylan and Rebecca, and a brother sister duo. I have a feeling that each team, had one duet pair on it.

When they all had met me when Carter went to turn in the paperwork, Dylan was friendly, but I don't know about Rebecca. She had glared at me, but then she acted nicer to me when Carter came back. She had smiled at me, but I think it was fake. Most likely.

I just feel like I've seen her somewhere before. She looked familiar, but I don't remember how I know her....

Being shook out of my thoughts, Carter looked at me as he had both of his hands on my shoulders.

"Jess, you okay? You spaced out for like the whole 30 minute bus drive." His eyes searched mine and I shook my head. I decided that I wasn't going to jump to conclusions until I was sure of things.

"I'll tell you later. But I'm fine. Thanks though." With a small smile, I turned back around to see Sarah with a large smile on her face. Kinda creepily watching us.

"You guys are like the cutest couple ever!" Blushing at her idea, I turned to look out the window and Carter's hands immediately and awkwardly left their place on my shoulders.

I saw the contestant house pulling up, and the view from the window showed that the house was actually really beautiful.
I was relieved that we were already here so I could avoid answering her claims about us being a couple.

The sound of Carter clearing his throat was heard, as he started to say something.

"Errr....Thanks, but umm, we're not a....couple." Carter's voice rang out from next to me as he started rubbing the back of his neck.
For some reason, I felt...disappointed?
We weren't even dating, what was wrong with me? I was pretty sure it was a one sided crush situation.

I applaud you if you've ever gotten past more than just a one sided crush.

Not wanting to stay on the bus any longer. I screamed in joy inside my mind right when the bus came to a stop. We were sitting in the back, but I was the first one off.